Freeholder not keeping up maintenance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freeholder not keeping up maintenance

I rent out an apartment. My freeholder is very hard to get hold off (I don't have any contact details).
    Until recently he outsourced his adminstration to a independent letting agent, whom I would pay my various fees each year - cleaning of the communal areas were maintained etc.
    Recently, the letting agent has been taken over by a national branch. That branch no longer deals with the freeholder, or has contact details

Since then, I've not had an notice of where to pay the annual fees.
    Apparently the communal area is 'unsatisfactory' - and the door to the entrance of the building is broken. I feel really sorry for my tenant - as we have a very good relationship and I want him to live in the best possible conditions.

A few years ago (before the independent letting agent were involved) it was the same story. The freeholder would come back and say he could not get things cleaned or fixed because not many leaseholders were paying their fees. At this point, the communal area was being used for drug users (however this issue was resolved once the door was fixed)

So, is there a way I could find the details of the freeholder? (land registry I assume)

Also, what can I do about the freeholder not maintaining the building to an appropriate standard?

Kind regards

Freeholder may not be your LL.

Comment

Who are you suggesting is the LL if not the Freeholder, the RMC or the RTM?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• £150 late penalty fee
        amog78
        Our company has recently been charged £150 late penalty fee for failing to file our accounts on time. The person responsible for this refused to sign our accounts as he had resigned as a Director (although the accounts document had his name on it). The former Director made no attempt to inform anyone...
        21-05-2018, 16:33 PM
      • Reply to £150 late penalty fee
        AndrewDod
        Exactly. Service charge ledgers are never/should never be filed --- they have nothing to do with the Company as such. The Company (whether dormant or otherwise) still has to file accounts (even if dormant accounts). Failure to file accounts leads to an automatic initial £150 fine. Failure to file the...
        26-05-2018, 09:17 AM
      • Successful RTM claim
        skidder
        Hi all,

I wonder if anybody can be of assistance.

Cutting a long story short we have managed to obtain the RTM from a very aggressive freeholder. The right will transfer to us in August.

It is a small block of four converted one bedroom flats

We have...
        24-05-2018, 14:03 PM
      • Reply to Successful RTM claim
        skidder
        Thanks again Gordon999. Appreciated.

Yes I have last years Insurance policy which has the rebuild value and a terrorism clause.Shall l add the RPI to the price?

If you have time to read the below I would be very happy. In the meantime I have ordered this book:

26-05-2018, 08:47 AM
        leaseholder64
        Even freeholdingt RMCs don't have to file service charge accounts. Even dormant ones have to file statutory dormant accounts.

However, if does make one wonder if they are failing to implement L&T 1987 S42, or at least mixing the service charge and company monies.
        26-05-2018, 08:46 AM
      • Just to get a LH quote is expensive
        Brikel
        Hi all
        I have just had my annual request for leasehold payment which is just over £4 on a 999 year lease.
        The cost to just get a quote to buy the lease hold is £96 which is 22 x the annual leasehold cost.
        is this excessive or can they justify it for the administration work
        24-05-2018, 16:17 PM
      • Reply to Just to get a LH quote is expensive
        Brikel
        Sorry for not being clearer yes £4 per year ground rent and iam thinking of buying the freehold.
        Thanks for ll your help
        Bri...
        26-05-2018, 07:46 AM
      • Reply to Just to get a LH quote is expensive
        Gordon999
        This case may help you .

https://decisions.lease-advice.org//...1-1000/983.pdf
        26-05-2018, 02:58 AM
        Gordon999
        Is the company a freehold company receiving ground rent or RTM company responsible for the service charge only ?

RTM companies are usually dormant companies and don't need file any annual service charge account....
        26-05-2018, 02:53 AM
      • Reply to Successful RTM claim
        Gordon999
        Yes. This Code is the standard applied by FTT to judge the service of managing agents.

For fire regulations. you need to contact your local Fire station for the safety officer.

The buildings insurance is usually insured for the declared re-instatement value which is calculated...
        26-05-2018, 02:39 AM
      Working...
      X