Freehold Purchase

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many thanks for all the replies. Regarding the above, can anybody recommend a valuer. Any suggestion here or via the message facility would be most welcome.

Comment

I have just been sent a recent FTT case "All Saints" which set the Cap rate 3.35%. Def rate 5.00%
      Case ref CHI/21UC/OCE/2017/0025 St Emmanuel House, 6 Darley Road, Eastbourne BN20 7GD. 7 Feb 2018. (28 pages)
      I can't find a link to the case and this site restricts the pdf size to less than a page.

Comment

The All Saints case gives a capitalisation rate of 3.35% for a ground rent linked to the RPi where the review is every 15 years. It was on a large development in Bournemouth. A leading barrister in leasehold matter a Philip Rainey QC acted for the freeholder and the lessees valuer was heavily critised in the judgement for letting down his clients (para 81) Large blocks with ground rents linked to the RPI are actively sought by large financial institutions and this was a factor in settling at this rate . The lessees valuer our forward the argument that valuation of ground rents was still a very crude valuation exercise and this appeared to annoy the Tribunal hence their unsusal damning remarks

Comment

I have now found a link to the case (see below). I have read the decisions and agree with your helpful comments. The case did highlight the need for a competent property valuer - I still haven't had any recommendations - any suggestions welcome.

http://www.residential-property.judi...area=Decisions

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Liability for costs?
            Harwood
            I live in a block of four flats, 2 ground floor, 2 first floor.
            The other 3 flats share a communal hallway/stairs, we have a private entrance ( a maisonette i believe - why do i feel all Hyacinth Bouquet!)

Anyway, within my lease i have no covenant giving me any kind of responsibility...
            18-10-2019, 19:18 PM
          • Reply to Liability for costs?
            scot22
            My comments on #2 were made too soon. Still believe you're O.K !
            Other posts have been valuable. I understand now where you are coming from and wish you well....
            20-10-2019, 20:20 PM
            Harwood
            To paraphrase the upstairs flats lease covenant;

as and when necessary pay a fair proportion the cost of keeping in good repair__________________________

The structure of the building so far as it comprises flat 5,6,7, 8, and in particular but without prejudice to the generality...
            20-10-2019, 18:22 PM
          • Visitor Parking Dispute and Unreasonable Behaviour
            uoeno
            Hello. I am the owner of a residential apartment, which I use as my main residence, which is managed by a property management company, to whom I pay a monthly service fee, and a residents management company, of which the PMC is one of the directors. The freehold of the land is owned and managed by a...
            15-10-2019, 15:50 PM
          • Reply to Visitor Parking Dispute and Unreasonable Behaviour
            scot22
            You are absolutely right. Perhaps a limitation of forums is generally being unable to have a full picture.
            20-10-2019, 16:17 PM
          • Case law damp
            scot22
            I know I've posted many times on this subject, apologies.
            The issue is tanking first floor flat where none has existed. External wall has been carefully maintained. I have searched but not able to find any cases.
            Also could freeholder be liable for any internal work such as plaster....
            01-10-2019, 09:04 AM
          • Reply to Case law damp
            scot22
            Thanks for the detailed response. Unfortunately we did have one of the PCA members. Work suggested was incredible.
            Unfortunately we are not anywhere near London. Majority of people have said tanking only for cellars or basements and tanking first floor flat would be detrimental for the rest...
            20-10-2019, 16:12 PM
          • Reply to Case law damp
            Stacker
            Damp surveys in London and the South East

16th November 2016

It is that time of the year again when we are inundated with requests for damp surveys in London. It's all to do with temperature and moisture content of the air. All of a sudden, the heating goes on. As the
            20-10-2019, 15:36 PM
            AndrewDod
            Agree with that. The lease is what the lease is. The original purchaser bought it and paid a price based on what it is, whether that was in error or otherwise.

It would be pretty outrageous if it were "corrected" in retrospect without compensation and without agreement. The only...
            20-10-2019, 14:42 PM
            leaseholder64
            Do the other leases specify a proportion of the cost of repairing the roof? If the split is discretionary, I don't see how the lease would be ruled defective, or how you could be forced to pay for the roof.

Have you looked at other ground floor lease? If it includes paying for the roof,...
            20-10-2019, 14:13 PM
          Working...
          X