X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gillian40
    started a topic Section 13 Notice Served on Landlord

Section 13 Notice Served on Landlord

Hi a section 13 Notice was served on a Landlord who subsequently served a Counter Notice. It is now nearly 6 months since the counter notice. If the offer to purchase is deemed to have been withdrawn after the 6 months does the Landlord then have to offer Right of First Refusal to the tenants if he wants to put the property onto the open market.

• Lorimer
    replied
    You are presumably thinking of the legislation that says a collective enfranchisement application cannot be made for 12 months after 'a deemed withdrawal'. I do not believe that this 12 months moratorium exists if it is the freeholder that is offering the disposal of the freehold, so yes, the freeholder does have to offer RFR if he/she is now contemplating an open market disposal.

Leave a comment:

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Filing dormant accounts for RTM
    zzhallk
    Hi all. I'm part of a small RTM company and am just filing dormant accounts for the first time (we had an agent doing it on our behalf til recently but have decided to go it alone as they were beyond useless, but that's another story...). I'm confused about how to fill in the form, can anyone help?...
    09-06-2019, 20:55 PM
  • Reply to Filing dormant accounts for RTM
    Sarah B
    Well I did, but thank you, it seems the wording has changed so that a company can become dormant. That is useful to know, I will have to log in to my own account though as I thought the questions asked when I filed suggested that you can't...
    17-06-2019, 18:47 PM
  • Reply to Filing dormant accounts for RTM
    Sarah B
    You are correct, I was just trying to keep it simple. Those items can also be applied to service charges if the accounts are dormant - see the ARMA guidance note (it is not totally clear cut I know)...
    17-06-2019, 18:35 PM
  • Is luxury vinyl flooring in breach of our lease?
    Nickyb
    We have a top floor flat in a purpose built flat block, around 30 years old. We’ve had it 16 years and after a tenant completely ruined our whole flat 2 years ago, we gutted it and put luxury vinyl flooring down (not laminate or hard wood), and with a very expensive underlay. We rent it out on Air...
    17-06-2019, 14:33 PM
  • Reply to Is luxury vinyl flooring in breach of our lease?
    Stef Cooke
    He won't stop cmpaining, I imagine. Sometimes people aren't suited to livig in flats/apartments. Your well insulated vinyl is fine, in law, by the way. It is considered to be modern linoleum.

Go back to the management company and ask them to check their contract information again, point...
    17-06-2019, 16:56 PM
  • Freeholders and Sub-tenants
    cday356
    Hello all,

I would be grateful for some views on the following situation. We are a freeholder, and have a non-resident leaseholder who has been sub-letting his flat for more than a decade. We took over the freehold about 6 years ago. It has since come to our attention that the leaseholder...
    16-06-2019, 04:23 AM
  • Reply to Freeholders and Sub-tenants
    cday356
    Also worth pointing out that the leaseholder actually travelled down to inspect his flat in late May following our written request for access. We could have arranged for our contractor to come out on that day with the leaseholder present, but he never informed us that he would be there. So this is not...
    17-06-2019, 15:47 PM
  • Freeholder applying to the FTT for unpaid service charges
    Seaes56
    I am freeholder and leaseholder and need to take the other leaseholder to the FTT for unpaid service charges. With the help of people on this forum it has been established previously that my lease does make provisions for ‘fair and reasonable’ service charges. The leaseholders refuse to pay for...
    15-06-2019, 05:20 AM
  • Reply to Freeholder applying to the FTT for unpaid service charges
    Macromia
    Most of what you say you have done would probably be looked at favourably by a court/tribunal and, if what you say about the leaseholder's actions is accurate, their actions won't have done hem any favours.

You can't be expected to have arranged repair work before you had control of the...
    17-06-2019, 15:43 PM
  • Reply to Freeholders and Sub-tenants
    leaseholder64
    Giving an extension will wipe the slate clean of previous breaches!
    17-06-2019, 15:05 PM
Working...
X