Section 13 Notice Served on Landlord

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Section 13 Notice Served on Landlord

Hi a section 13 Notice was served on a Landlord who subsequently served a Counter Notice. It is now nearly 6 months since the counter notice. If the offer to purchase is deemed to have been withdrawn after the 6 months does the Landlord then have to offer Right of First Refusal to the tenants if he wants to put the property onto the open market.

You are presumably thinking of the legislation that says a collective enfranchisement application cannot be made for 12 months after 'a deemed withdrawal'. I do not believe that this 12 months moratorium exists if it is the freeholder that is offering the disposal of the freehold, so yes, the freeholder does have to offer RFR if he/she is now contemplating an open market disposal.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• transitioning from FTT appointed manager back to RTM
      poppyfield
      Hello,

Would be extremely grateful for help with this from someone with experience and knowledge of RTM companies:

I am a leaseholder in a large (30) block of flats. Up until 4 years ago the building was under RTM management (for about 10 years), but for the last 4 we have...
      11-02-2019, 06:51 AM
    • Reply to transitioning from FTT appointed manager back to RTM
      eagle2
      The appointment of a good managing agent is very important and will ease the workload of the directors as suggested above. Ideally the directors would carry out due diligence and consider 2 or 3 different managing agents and seek references from directors at other blocks before appointing an agent....
      16-02-2019, 06:55 AM
    • Replacing RMC with RTM
      Centurino
      In seven days time we have a residents meeting to decide on the future of our apartment blocks; one with nine apartments, one with four apartments, thirteen total. They are about three meters apart physically. Our freeholder liquidated in 2012 and the lender took over as default who then set up an RMC...
      11-02-2019, 16:11 PM
    • Reply to Replacing RMC with RTM
      eagle2
      When the mortgage company started to claim ground rent from you, did it supply you with proof that it had become the freeholder? If not, I would ask for evidence as you have been unable to confirm with HMLR. It cannot be the “acting freeholder”, the liquidator of the freeholder Company would have...
      16-02-2019, 06:48 AM
    • Freeholder duties
      FreeH1
      I am trying to sell my flat for which I have a shared freehold with the 2 other flats in the block.

Today I have been informed that one of the freeholders is refusing to complete and return the TR1 (and another form I believe is the PR1?). Without this we are unable to continue with the...
      15-02-2019, 18:49 PM
    • Reply to Freeholder duties
      eagle2
      I would try to have a word with the freeholder who is refusing to complete the forms and find out her reasons. If that does not work, a strongly worded letter from the solicitor stating that you will be seeking compensation should be sent to the freeholder. Actually proving a loss as a result of the...
      16-02-2019, 06:46 AM
    • RTM to Management Company
      jimcarver
      I purchased a property in January 2018, that was supposedly managed by a RTM company. However, there have been no fees collected and the building insurance has now expired.

There are 5 flats in the property and only 2 of us are currently looking to address the issue.

My theory...
      15-02-2019, 02:53 AM
    • Reply to RTM to Management Company
      eagle2
      The directors should be making decisions on behalf of the RTM, so it is important to find out who are those directors. You should have a meeting of all 6 members and decide on the way forward. You may need to appoint new directors for a start. You should also try to understand why 2 members are objecting...
      16-02-2019, 06:44 AM
    • Reply to Freeholder duties
      FreeH1
      Thank you. I thought I had read that they were obliged to sign.

The other owner is happy and willing to complete the forms. There are no issues there. It’s just this one freeholder who doesn’t appear to be willing to complete the forms.

If if unable to sell we would lose...
      16-02-2019, 03:14 AM
    • Reply to RTM to Management Company
      jimcarver
      Thanks for your replies.
      Sorry if my terminology is confusing or incorrect.
      When I say and RTM, I mean a collective of the flat owners, when I say management company I mean management agent.

I have since made further contact and 4 of the 6 owners (sorry the 5 above was a typo)...
      16-02-2019, 02:18 AM
    Working...
    X