Does this clause in my lease mean I cannot let my property out?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this clause in my lease mean I cannot let my property out?

Hi,

I've attached a clause which is contained in my lease, does this mean I cannot let me apartment out, i have to move location for work but do not want to sell my flat.

It only means you can't let it out to prostitutes.

Comment

It doesn't allow any form of multiple occupation, not even the, usually considered more benign than sub-letting, case of boarders, but it does allow you to sub-let to a single family.

Comment

So I cannot let a room to a friend but I can let the entire property out to a couple.

Comment

That's how I read it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tich01 View Post
            So I cannot let a room to a friend but I can let the entire property out to a couple.
            If one is allowed to let entire property to a couple, then one can equally rent the same to a single person -- i would have thought ... (since the original 'tenant' will be away - so the single "friend" tenant wouldn't be classed as a lodger)

Comment

In default of a more specific definition, I would expect family to be interpreted as in the 1985 Housing Act, meaning that the most distant relationship amongst those present would be nephew/niece. A family can be one person.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X