Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freehold garage with expired lease referenced on freehold title deed

Hi,

I purchased a garage 4 years ago and have the free hold title for the property.

I have moved to another area and no longer need the garage for my car and as such i have attempted to sell it.

In doing so i have found that the garage also has a lease attached to it. Howerver, the lease was for 30 years and expired on 2010. I am not the owner of the lease title.

The person wanting to buy the garage will not do so until the lease title reference has been removed from the freehold title. i.e. they want me to ensure that the leasehold can not get renewed on the property.

I sent an NC1 form to thd land registery with the expectation that they will remove the leasehold as it has expired.

They have responded with:
    Please either: (a) certify that neither the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 nor the Local Government and Housing Act 1989 applies to the lease dated 12 June 1981; or (b) state the particular statutory provisions in accordance with which the lease has been determined.

I have no idea what they are asking (i looked at thd tenant act and there is lots of detail that isnt easy to read)

Does anybody know what they are actually asking please.

You need to get a solicitor to certify to Land Registry the 30 years lease has expired and the rights to occupy have not been transferred to another party..

You have occupied the garage for last 4 years and hold the freehold title. .

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Successful RTM claim
      skidder
      Hi all,

I wonder if anybody can be of assistance.

Cutting a long story short we have managed to obtain the RTM from a very aggressive freeholder. The right will transfer to us in August.

It is a small block of four converted one bedroom flats

We have...
      24-05-2018, 14:03 PM
    • Reply to Successful RTM claim
      skidder
      Thanks Leaseholder64 much appreciated.

So as above I do not need to go through another section 20. i.e. If all 3 leaseholders sit down and agree specs etc costing say £5k. We would all divide the amount correctly and sign papers saying monies paid and agreed etc. Would this be sufficient?...
      26-05-2018, 15:32 PM
      leaseholder64
      Section 20 protects the leaseholders, not the freeholder. If the freeholder objected it would be because the proposed work was not sufficient to comply with the lease, not because of consultation issues.

You should get a lot of information on handover. Even if the contractors are abandoned,...
      26-05-2018, 15:15 PM
    • Sub Letting Fees
      isthisnameavailable
      Another topic on this, sorry I can see there have been plenty.

I have today received a letter from {Mod - name removed} on behalf on {Mod - name removed}. They are saying I have not replied to their letter dated May 19 2017 (I haven't) and things will be passed on to external solicitors...
      21-05-2018, 18:22 PM
    • Reply to Sub Letting Fees
      leaseholder64
      I think the organisation in question is not a managing agent. They make money purely from acting as an agent for the freeholder for ground rent and administration charges. i don't think they manage the property.

I suspect you have to think long and talk to your MP as it looks like they...
      26-05-2018, 14:58 PM
    • Reply to Sub Letting Fees
      Gordon999
      What is your recommendation if the freehold was sold without Right of First Refusal offer to leaseholders and current freeholder is using a managing agent to demand extortionate subletting fees ?
      26-05-2018, 14:15 PM
    • £150 late penalty fee
      amog78
      Our company has recently been charged £150 late penalty fee for failing to file our accounts on time. The person responsible for this refused to sign our accounts as he had resigned as a Director (although the accounts document had his name on it). The former Director made no attempt to inform anyone...
      21-05-2018, 16:33 PM
    • Reply to £150 late penalty fee
      AndrewDod
      Exactly. Service charge ledgers are never/should never be filed --- they have nothing to do with the Company as such. The Company (whether dormant or otherwise) still has to file accounts (even if dormant accounts). Failure to file accounts leads to an automatic initial £150 fine. Failure to file the...
      26-05-2018, 09:17 AM
      skidder
      Thanks again Gordon999. Appreciated.

Yes I have last years Insurance policy which has the rebuild value and a terrorism clause.Shall l add the RPI to the price?

If you have time to read the below I would be very happy. In the meantime I have ordered this book:

26-05-2018, 08:47 AM
    • Reply to £150 late penalty fee
      leaseholder64
      Even freeholdingt RMCs don't have to file service charge accounts. Even dormant ones have to file statutory dormant accounts.

However, if does make one wonder if they are failing to implement L&T 1987 S42, or at least mixing the service charge and company monies.
      26-05-2018, 08:46 AM
    Working...
    X