Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building Insurance freeholder responsibility

hello,
    I am trying to find out if I can ask my freeholder the previous building insurance details dating back up to 12 years.
    Is the 21 days period to reply still applying in this situation or is it just for the current building insurance ?
    thank you.

I think it only applies to the insurance in effect at the time, i.e current..although if you were to challenge amounts in court for example then you ask that other years docs be disclosed to you.
    Advice given is based on my experience representing myself as a leaseholder both in the County Court and at Leasehold Valuation Tribunals.

I do not accept any liability to you in relation to the advice given.

It is always recommended you seek further advice from a solicitor or legal expert.

Always read your lease first, it is the legally binding contract between leaseholder and freeholder.

Comment

Send a written request for a "summary of insured cover" by registered post to the Freeholder . The reply has to be provided to you within 30 days and failing this it becomes a criminal offence .

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon999 View Post
        Send a written request for a "summary of insured cover" by registered post to the Freeholder . The reply has to be provided to you within 30 days and failing this it becomes a criminal offence .
        Well..yes we know this bit, what the OP is asking is can he request just the last/current insurance details or 12 years worth ?
        Advice given is based on my experience representing myself as a leaseholder both in the County Court and at Leasehold Valuation Tribunals.

I do not accept any liability to you in relation to the advice given.

It is always recommended you seek further advice from a solicitor or legal expert.

Always read your lease first, it is the legally binding contract between leaseholder and freeholder.

Comment

He can ask for summary of "current insurance cover" and then approach the broker for details of previous years. But he may not get its because the insurance broker will only supply to named policy holder.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X