Letting Agent Fees for Landlords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Letting Agent Fees for Landlords

I initially thought my letting agent was charging me 10% finding fee & they had offered to reduce this to 8% if I used them to manage the property. Now they are telling me that the fees are 8% finding fee & an ongoing 4% throughout the tenancy. This was not made clear at the start, but my question is, is this usual. They will not be managing my property & not giving any ongoing support. Many thanks.

I pay a flat fee for tenant find and an ongoing fee for management.
    An ongoing fee for tenant find isn't usual in my experience - but if it's London/South East...
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

I charge a flat fee for Tenant Find Only service and clients who choose this don't pay me again unless they require additional services.

For Full Management I charge a (much lower) set up fee plus an ongoing percentage of the rental income.

Comment

If you signed a contract with the agent to this effect, then more fool you. If you did not, then tell them to take a RUNNING JUMP.

Make sure it is clear from your contract that your tenants communicate ONLY with you. And if the contract mentions anything else, send an amendment to the tenants.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X