Letting agent wants to cease management

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Letting agent wants to cease management

Letting agent wants to cease management. They sent me an email of the dates they want to stop managing my properties, they have requested to charge me 1 months rest for each property when it is their decision to cease management.
    I have not agreed to pay 1 months rent per property for them to cease management. I have sent a complain to them. They have informed my tenants to carry on paying them rent even when they have stopped managing my property.

Check your Management Contract with MA for timescale/Penalty clauses.
    Provide Ts with your bank details and new 'address for Service of Notices' before cessation of you Contract with MA, so rent etc can be received by you with no delay.

Comment

Crash and burn?

Time to communicate with your tenants directly and to ensure that they understand that their next payment is owed direct to you, and that if they pay it to agent that they still owe you.

Comment

Don't forget to get the info on the deposit, where it is held, ref number etc if you don't already have it, and inform the DPS or whoever of the temp change of managing landlord.

Comment

There was no management contract given to me or signed by me

mariner,

There was no management contract given to me or signed by me. Instially the agent asked me to send them details of the new deposit account which i opened so on termination they can transfer the money into that account.i passed them the details to do so, even after ceasing of management they still havnt done so.

Comment

I have spoken to my tenants and showed them the email i recived which clearly states the cease of management with the effected dates. I have received rent from one got two more to go which are due tomorrow.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X