Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unscrupulous property manager

Hello,

Would really appreciate some advice with some on-going problems that I'm having with a property management company. I'm a landlord with one property which I was going to let through this company on a two-year basis. I was applying for a buy-to-let remortgage from a residential mortgage and we drafted and signed an agreement but given the potential legal implications, I contacted the property manager prior to the start date of the agreement to ask for it to be delayed until after the remortgage as I could not guarantee that I would be able to commit to a long-term agreement. They said this would not be possible. I also asked for one rooms to be retained as a shared living area but they ignored my request and let the room to another tenant. As a result the property is now being let as a HMO and I'm very concerned about the legal implications of this. I have since served notice on the company but they are refusing to vacate and are trying to extort money out of me in order to do so even though I made it clear that I was not anle to enter into a long-term agreement with them. They were also trying to force me to sell my property brought them but I don't want to deal with these sharks. Any suggestions on the quickest and easiest way of dealing with them?

It's not easy to understand the situation.

What I think has happened is that you entered into an agreement with a company to rent your property, and then asked for the start to be delayed, which the company declined.
    Is that correct?

If that is the case, the termination process would be whatever is included in the agreement.
    If that's not the case, could you please explain.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

What documents exist?

Were they signed? Or accepted by your conduct?

Comment

I was thinking the same...what contract/agreement the OP has signed? If anything signed.
        What are the term & conditions in the contract?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X