Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Northamptonshire Agent

Good afternoon,
    I am a new agent based in Northampton and am looking at building a portfolio.

Our aim is to offer a much better level of service to clients without the constraints of most agents Monday to Friday 9 - 5 mentality.

I am wondering what do most landlords look for when they search for agents? Is it cost, or service or a combination of both?

I will be openly honest and say that I am struggling to find landlords so any pointers would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Hi TheGoodNN

I'm a LL with 2 properties in Northampton and am extremely peed off with my current LA. Can you send me a message so I can look at your website please?

Comment

What I would look for is an agent who puts my interests first while of course staying within the law. Someone who is up to date with the legislation and landlords' obligations.
      Integrity. Reasonable fees. Being available outside of 9 to 5 not crucial to me.

Comment

Landlords with existing agents ( which is likely to be all current landlords who want to use agents) will have agreements in place that make it difficult to switch to a new agent unless there's a change of tenant and formal notice is given.

The last thing a landlord usually wants to do when a tenant moves out is to change agent, particularly if they have to give some notice.

So you have an inbuilt uphill struggle, and should probably focus on getting work from new landlords or someone who currently doesn't use an agent and decides they want to. Which is going to be slow, particularly now.
        When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
        Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X