Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

end of tenency contract possible problem

Hello,
    I have a certain company which I took out a finder a tenant contract with and they did find one.
    the year is soon up and they will be wanting to charge both the tenant and myself £120 to renew.
    I want to take on the contracts myself and have produced a profession contract for my tenants to sign .
    I have been told that I may have a problem with the company as I have a contract with them but I cant find anywhere in their contract about the cancellation at the end of the year
    sorry if its all over the place ,but I don't want them chasing me for breech of their contract by signing up their tenant they found for me
    is there a problem with me asking the tenant who wants to stay to sign my contract and not their renewal
    C

Perhaps getting tenants to sign a tenancy surrender on the last day of tenancy, then signing them up from scratch again on yours. It all depends on what terms and conditions are set out in your agreement with the company.

Or let it run into a periodic tenancy, that way there is no renewal at all.

Comment

There's no need for a renewal at all.

Letting agents make their living from the fees that they charge, and it would be very unusual for them to allow a landlord to take over the management of an existing tenancy without some kind of charge being due.
      Some contracts don't allow it at all.

These terms are subject to challenge, as they are often unfair, but I would imagine they would exist in pretty much all agent's agreements.
      When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
      Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X