Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wickerman
    replied
    If the landlord is a limited company and they haven't started to liquidate or haven't been struck off by CH, start a MCOL to sue them for the deposit.

You may want further action to recover the 3x penalty, but the MCOL for the deposit will allow you to be seen as a debtor of the company for liquidation purposes and may have the added bonus of them acting quicky to resolve it.

Leave a comment:

• jpkeates
    replied
    If the company has gone into liquidation, you've probably lost your money.
    The company isn't meant to mix your money in with theirs, but reality is they'll have no money.

But its worth checking that the company has actually gone into liquidation - they might just not fancy paying you back.
    Check the business out at companies house.

As the deposit is your money the agent/landlord should have kept it separate from their trading accounts.
    So ask them for the name of their liquidator so you can make our claim to them.

Leave a comment:

• maevahn
    started a topic Agent/Landlord gone into liquidation

Agent/Landlord gone into liquidation

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone could help...

I have been renting a room with a letting agent and left on the August 15th. They said the deposit should be in my account within 14 working days. This passed I tried to find out where my money is and I have been told that the company has gone into liquidation and that I won't get my deposit back as they can't afford it...
    Is this even legal??
    They told us the deposit will be put in the tenant deposit scheme but we just found out that this wasn't true.
    Is there any way to get my money back?
    PS: I cannot contact the landlord because the agency IS the landlord šŸ˜©šŸ˜©

Thank you so much for your help xx

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X