Own Company Acting as Agent...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the absence of any other premises on which the fees could be displayed, I think they'd have to be displayed there anyway.
    Otherwise, the fees are effectively hidden from prospective tenants, which makes the terms misleading by omission.

The agent will have to detail all the potential fees before signing the contract anyway, to stay in line with the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Originally posted by jpkeates View Post
      In the absence of any other premises on which the fees could be displayed, I think they'd have to be displayed there anyway.
      Otherwise, the fees are effectively hidden from prospective tenants, which makes the terms misleading by omission.
      The law on displaying fees only makes it mandatory to display them in the agent's offices and website. So that's what it is.

I can't see how not displaying them could be misleading as there is only a specific law to force display since last year. Displaying fees is not the same as informing a potential tenant of them.

Comment

And publishing is not the same as "displaying".

The tenants need to be informed of the fees (somehow) before they decide to go ahead or not.
        I'd do it in writing, personally (but that's a common sense thing, not a legal requirement).
        When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
        Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Also a 10 second on the internet will disclose the director of the limited company which will be the same as the landlord stated on the tenancy agreement. Also being a member of the redress scheme you will have to have a complaints procedure in place and who to address complaints to which would likely be you.

Comment

You just write on the application form that you charge x for referencing and y for admin.

No need to 'publish' or 'display' anything, which was the point (which I thought was simple enough not to be open to long arguments).

Comment

Originally posted by johnboy View Post
              Also a 10 second on the internet will disclose the director of the limited company which will be the same as the landlord stated on the tenancy agreement.
              Who happens to also be the 'agent' you have in front of you! Unless OP intends to play the agent under a pseudonym.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X