Have you used an agencies Letting Only Service before?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you used an agencies Letting Only Service before?

Hi,

I would like to change the way I let my property.

I used to be on fully managed, but the agency didn't do a thing for the money, and I don't want continue giving someone 10% for nothing.

My question is -

Have you used an agency let only service and what do it normally include?
    • 1. Do you pay a one off fee and that is it?
    • 2.And do they try to charge you a tenant finding fee again once the 6/12 month contract expires? For example, what happens if the tenant wants to stay on, do you get charged again, or does the contract move onto a 1 month rolling contract?

Thanks

Agents' terms and conditions vary.

Why not ask several local ones and compare their answers?
    'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

There is a risk in using a let only service in that the letting agent gets paid for finding a live tenant who can sign a form.
      If that person is not a good tenant, they have no downside about letting to them anyway.

I don't think it's healthy if the landlord and agent's interests aren't perfectly aligned.
      Personally if I was self managing, I'd self tenant find (or at least let the agent advertise only).
      When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
      Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
        Why not ask several local ones and compare their answers?
        Thanks I will do that.

Comment

Originally posted by jpkeates View Post
          Personally if I was self managing, I'd self tenant find (or at least let the agent advertise only).
          That's what I will look to do.

Let the agency advertise and introduce me to the tenant.

Comment

We used a tenant find service from a local agency recently and were very happy with the service and the tenant. Once the tenant moved in the agency have nothing else to do with the tenancy. In our case it will roll on to periodic.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X