Inventory check-in with clerk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inventory check-in with clerk

I am just wanting to gather some opinions from the members of this forum with regards to inventory check-ins as we are about to open up a lettings business due to demand for us to do so.

1) When ideally should the inventory and schedule of condition be carried out? From some of those who I know that work at larger letting agents they usually carry out the inventory & Schedule of condition a few days prior to the move in date?

2)One of the largest letting agents in my area appear not to carry out a check-in with a clerk on the day the tenant moves in. Instead, the inventory and schedule of condition is prepared and handed to the tenant with the AST and keys on the day they move in, and they are asked to sign and return the inventory within 48 hours otherwise if nothing is heard it will be deemed that all details are correct. This appears to be a common clause in many letting agents agreements I have seen, what are your thoughts on this?

Many thanks, H

What is there to think about?
    Inventory done last thing after works and cleaning then tenant take up property. Mine get 7 days to approve.

Freedom at the point of zero............

Comment

The inventory and schedule of condition should be prepared and agreed by the tenant before the tenant signs up and after the tenant has had an opportunity to verify them. Any arrangement that they are to be agreed after the contract is concluded or are deemed agreed if not objected to is void as an agreement to agree unless there is a provision to bring in a third party to settle any dispute. However, if the tenant specifically confirms his agreement after signing up it will have the same effect as if the inventory had been agreed before he signed.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X