Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Important memberships

Hello,
    This is my first time posting so I hope I have the correct section. I am currently setting up my own letting agency and would like to know what memberships other agents have. I am a member of ARLA but would really like to know what other agents class as a necessity. Thanks in advance.

Though the requirements to join ARLA probably means you have the training and procedures in place don't think you will get new clients because of it. Most landlords don't understand the relevance of it and the high cost of membership (in my view) is probably a cost you could do without with a new business.

You will get better value for your money joining the Guild of Residential Landlords which is for landlords and agents.

Comment

Thank you - I think you are right about the expense. I will have a look at the one you mentioned. Thanks again.

Comment

Necessity for what?
        Allow tenants to protect their own deposits. I want free money when they do it wrong

Comment

It depends what you're looking for in return. If you're looking to develop new business then don't bother, you won't get anything. For industry news and useful information just keep an eye on websites like this, EA/LA Today etc. I've been in the business for 10 years, membership is only necessary if you're selling property, though this is likely to change. The schemes are mostly money making facilities rather than actual industry regulators, don't waste your money joining more than one.
          <a href="http://www.manchesterpropertygroup.co.uk/" target="_blank">Manchester letting agents</a>

Comment

Thank you so much for the information - what do you think of the Pims site? I realise that a lot of the information can be gained from other sites and Pims charge a large membership fee but their credit checks seem very reasonable.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X