X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snorkerz
    replied
    I am sure CH would like to know that.

It may be innocent - HMRC were convinced I was a non-trading company even though I submitted the accounts and am 'trading' on CH.

Leave a comment:

• essexlandlord
    started a topic Letting Agent is a non trading company

Letting Agent is a non trading company

Hi all

My letting agent (same sods referred to in my other posts) are listed on companies house as being a non trading company.

Should this raise further alarm bells? I do not understand how a company I have a contract with and who I am paying can be a non trading company.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Landlord has changed Letting agency
    by Yellow40
    Hi Looking for some help as for some reason this has my Anxiety through the roof, I have lived in the same private landlord in the same property for 7 years, They have now decided to go with a lettings agency who have contacted me today as i need to sign a new lease and complete an application form...
    07-12-2021, 14:50 PM
  • Reply to Landlord has changed Letting agency
    by jpkeates
    Hi, again, welcome.

Just tell the agency that you do not wish to sign a new lease thank you very much, nor do you wish to complete an application form for your home.

My guess is that the application form is part of a rental guarantee insurance that the agent have offered the...
    07-12-2021, 18:02 PM
    by Yellow40
    Thank you so much for your reply, It seem odd to me, Appreciate your time....
    07-12-2021, 16:31 PM
    by theartfullodger
    That the agent or indeed landlord changes does not mean you need to sign or otherwise agree to a new tenancy agreement. Nor any changes to the tenancy agreement. Nor any application form, nor supply ID. (PS You might ask agent first for proof of ID: That'll surprise them, but clearly they think it's...
    07-12-2021, 16:20 PM
    by doobrey
    There are plenty of valid reasons why the landlord may have changed agent. I have done it myself. The outgoing agent could be closing down, putting their charges up. Or they may just have been judged not to be very good at their job.

The new agent is right (and obliged) to check that you...
    07-12-2021, 16:09 PM
  • Letting Agent asking for commission of I renew tenants privately
    by meyou5ick
    Dear all,

I was letting my place to tenants that were sourced by this estate agent. The estate agent however misrepresented myself and misled the tenants about what's included in the monthly rental cost. The tenant had complained to the agent however, I had to pay for 6 months of services...
    29-11-2021, 16:04 PM
  • Reply to Letting Agent asking for commission of I renew tenants privately
    by jpkeates
    It depends on the terms of your agreement with them.
    My agreement with my letting agent wouldn't allow them to do that in anticipation of me owing them money, only if I actually owe them money.
    05-12-2021, 10:49 AM
  • Reply to Letting Agent asking for commission of I renew tenants privately
    by meyou5ick
    They have now withheld my rental payment (last one of this contract) because they think I won't pay them once I go private contract from next month. They surely cannot hold my rent just because they think I'll not pay after the end of tenancy if I plan to keep the tenants?...
    04-12-2021, 17:52 PM
  • Reply to Letting agent merged with another
    by doobrey
    And... does it?

A similar thing happened to me. My agent sold out without prior warning to another firm which I had no particular wish to deal with. I was able to give the new agent notice, though, and I did.

It was messy, for a couple of reasons. Firstly my tenants...
    04-12-2021, 13:55 PM
  • Letting agent merged with another
    by Aly
    Hi all , I have been with my letting agent and had the same tenant for 9 years , this week I was notified that my old letting agent had merged basically sold out to a new letting agent , they gave no notice and no option to opt out from them , I said I didn't want to merge with them as we were going...
    03-12-2021, 21:02 PM
Working...
X