Gas Safety Certs & EPC's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas Safety Certs & EPC's

Was wondering when looking for these providers how much do you pay them and whether you bother trying to make money on them or whether you just pass what ever the cost is directly to the landlord?

It's illegal to make a 'secret profit'.

You could make a charge for arranging things but. as with all things, you're better to be up front about it.

Adding a %age for yourself to everything would quickly be noticed by your landlords and they would soon become your ex-landlords.
    I offer no guarantee that anything I say is correct. wysiwyg

Comment

Originally posted by pis123 View Post
      Was wondering when looking for these providers how much do you pay them and whether you bother trying to make money on them or whether you just pass what ever the cost is directly to the landlord?
      Oh, I would have thought you definitely deserve to make a profit - as much as you can get away with. After all, it is you who have done all the hard work stretching out your hand to pick up a phone, dialling a number, speaking for a minute or so, then putting the phone down again. Then there's all the palaver and stress of opening the email/envelope with the EPC/CP12 attached/inside. Exhausting, difficult stuff. Reward yourself handsomely.

'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

I would say most agents don't charge and arrange the gas certs etc as part of their fees but the ones I do know who charge are the bigger muti chain companies.

But it also depends on the fee structure and the package offered to the landlord. The agent may charge a low monthly % but then charge for extras such as the gas certs, EPC and visits etc. As long as there isn't a secret profit and it is clearly stated in any T&C's.

Comment

Hi and thanks for the replies, I particularly like the sarcastic one a lot of effort gone into that one particularly. Being a provider of EPC's and Gas Safety Certs was hoping for info on how much agents would look to pay and how they pass the fees on. Not particularly interested whether people make a fee, just so I know when pitching to agents what level I should be going at. Many thanks though

Comment

Try £50.

I pay £60 and £45 for an update.

I pay about the same for a Gas Safety.

ML
            Refer Mad Regulators to Arkell vs Pressdram.

Comment

If you are not vat registered that helps also.
              But these fees vary for area to area so you need to see what are the average fees in your area.

The agents wont be too concerned about the cost as long as it is competitive, what they really want is reliability with good communication. So if you cant gain access at a agreed time or get delayed keep them informed. If you take that angle you may be more inclined to pick up business.

The guy that does our gas certs now is so on the ball he is calling us about the renewals before we get the chance to call him and we would normally send a list out 3-4 weeks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by pis123 View Post
                Hi and thanks for the replies, I particularly like the sarcastic one a lot of effort gone into that one particularly.
                You and I probably have very different ideas of what the concept of 'effort' involves.
                'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to removal of letting agent
                  by Landyman
                  yeahremy It sounds as though you don't know how to complain effectively.

Agents receive many 'complaints' from landlords that are just long and rambling rants about poor service. The agent will generally apologise, say that it won't happen again, and then carry on as normal.

27-01-2022, 09:10 AM
                • removal of letting agent
                  by yeahremy
                  Hi,

another topic on this but apologies as i cant find my answer on the other ones.
                  My letting agent messed up the check in and check out report. Basically they keep telling me to pay the deposit back without really checking the reports.
                  2y ago I had new tenants who moved in...
                  24-01-2022, 16:12 PM
                  by yeahremy
                  Hi,

yes regarding the scheme but as soon as I raise a complaint by email, which party should launch the official complaint procedure.
                  the estate agent is saying I have not requested the complaint form until now.
                  Therefore, question is :when we do raise a complaint, this is...
                  26-01-2022, 15:16 PM
                • New agent not paying landlord
                  by Cpark
                  Folks I wonder if anyone can help me here, I have had the worst few years with my properties, the previous agents filled my properties up with delinquents and refused to pay the full sum, we lost 8 months of declining rents. Then was introduced to a new set of agents who really were impressive and opted...
                  24-01-2022, 00:27 AM
                • Reply to New agent not paying landlord
                  by DoricPixie
                  I'm not sure I understand. Why would the letting agency want 4 months rent free? Is this one of these arrangements where you let the properties to the letting agency and the letting agency then sub-lets the properties to other people?
                  24-01-2022, 20:43 PM
                  by Landyman
                  Is this the same agent that you were complaining about in October 2018?

https://forums.landlordzone.co.uk/fo...managing-agent

I think the replies you received then are still applicable
                  24-01-2022, 18:45 PM
                • No Rent received from Agent
                  by racer69
                  Hi, all, my tenant left the property and handed the keys in on Dec 6th, that is when I normally get my rent from the agent or a few days after. As no such payment was forthcoming I went to the office after approx a week to see and was told they had been in and taken pictures of the poor condition of...
                  21-12-2021, 20:47 PM
                • Reply to No Rent received from Agent
                  by Cpark
                  Hi can you tell me how you’re proceeding I’m in a very similar situation thank you...
                  24-01-2022, 00:32 AM
                • on resident landlord regisitration.
                  by SandPit
                  Hi,

I am a non resident landlord. My letting agent has stated they are required to have 5 or more NRLs to register with the HMRC. Is this correct? Is there a fee to the letting agent?
                  09-01-2022, 08:30 AM
                • Reply to on resident landlord regisitration.
                  by SandPit
                  Wanted to post a quick update in case this is useful for anybody else.

There is no fee for the letting agent to register with HMRC to handle NRLs, all they need to complete the inline form.
                  As soon as a letting has registered they need to start collecting tax on behalf of the HMRC....
                  22-01-2022, 07:42 AM
                Working...
                X