Letting Agents and Inventory Provisions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Letting Agents and Inventory Provisions

Hi and good evening, I am new to the forum and was hoping for some advise (Letting Agents). I am about to launch an Inventory company and would like to gather any thoughts about in-house inventories Vs out-sourced inventories and what the general consensus about why letting agents would favour one over the other. Before anyone asks about my company it would be great to also hear about peoples dealings with inventory companies too. Thanks for your time and feedback it will be much appreciated.

I suggest you become a member of www.theaiic.co.uk and research the deposit companies view on inventories - basically they prefer a truly independent inventory and the landlords agent can hardly be described as independent.

Comment

Read the deposit schemes' guidance

http://www.depositprotection.com/doc...nd-damages.pdf

It's not just agents who arrange condition reports at check-in (landlords do, too), but it seems fairly obvious that if agents offer an inhouse service, then they are likely to favour their inhouse service as they'll make more money that way (otherwise they wouldn't offer an inhouse service). Protecting their clients' interests isn't usually at the top of an agent's agenda.

My experience of inventory companies as a landlord... Well, if I need a new one (as I did recently, as the one I usually use wouldn't travel out of his patch) then I will look on the AIIC website. Then I will look at the websites of the firms in the relevant area. If they don't have a website, then forget it. If they don't have sample PDF reports on the website, then I don't bother to contact them to ask for one. I will only contact firms which have sample reports and whose websites look professional, with company address/details, etc, and if they give an indication of pricing, all the better. If I contact the company via email and they don't reply, then I don't bother chasing them.

I've never had a problem with the firms I've selected in this way.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X