Letting agent forgot to take out rent guarantee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Letting agent forgot to take out rent guarantee

Hi all, I'm new on here and wanted some advice.

I let my property through a letting agent who said to me as part of a fully managed service I would get rent guarantee so for the first time ever I said yes and they let the property.

The tenants moved out of the property at the end of June with arrears of £3000 they have also left the property in a state so needs a complete top to bottom clean.

The agent has now turned round and said I don't have rent guarantee on the property and that they will keep chasing the tenants who nobody can get hold off.

What do I do?

Thanking you all in advance for your advice

Kind regards

Novice Landlord

What did the terms of your contract say?
    I can take no responsibility for the use of any free comments given, any actions taken are the sole decision of the individual in question after consideration of my free comments.

That also means I cannot share in any profits from any decisions made!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• New agent not paying landlord
      by Cpark
      Folks I wonder if anyone can help me here, I have had the worst few years with my properties, the previous agents filled my properties up with delinquents and refused to pay the full sum, we lost 8 months of declining rents. Then was introduced to a new set of agents who really were impressive and opted...
      24-01-2022, 00:27 AM
    • Reply to New agent not paying landlord
      by DoricPixie
      I'm not sure I understand. Why would the letting agency want 4 months rent free? Is this one of these arrangements where you let the properties to the letting agency and the letting agency then sub-lets the properties to other people?
      24-01-2022, 20:43 PM
    • removal of letting agent
      by yeahremy
      Hi,

another topic on this but apologies as i cant find my answer on the other ones.
      My letting agent messed up the check in and check out report. Basically they keep telling me to pay the deposit back without really checking the reports.
      2y ago I had new tenants who moved in...
      24-01-2022, 16:12 PM
    • Reply to removal of letting agent
      by Landyman
      Is this the same agent that you were complaining about in October 2018?

https://forums.landlordzone.co.uk/fo...managing-agent

I think the replies you received then are still applicable
      24-01-2022, 18:45 PM
    • No Rent received from Agent
      by racer69
      Hi, all, my tenant left the property and handed the keys in on Dec 6th, that is when I normally get my rent from the agent or a few days after. As no such payment was forthcoming I went to the office after approx a week to see and was told they had been in and taken pictures of the poor condition of...
      21-12-2021, 20:47 PM
    • Reply to No Rent received from Agent
      by Cpark
      Hi can you tell me how you’re proceeding I’m in a very similar situation thank you...
      24-01-2022, 00:32 AM
    • on resident landlord regisitration.
      by SandPit
      Hi,

I am a non resident landlord. My letting agent has stated they are required to have 5 or more NRLs to register with the HMRC. Is this correct? Is there a fee to the letting agent?
      09-01-2022, 08:30 AM
    • Reply to on resident landlord regisitration.
      by SandPit
      Wanted to post a quick update in case this is useful for anybody else.

There is no fee for the letting agent to register with HMRC to handle NRLs, all they need to complete the inline form.
      As soon as a letting has registered they need to start collecting tax on behalf of the HMRC....
      22-01-2022, 07:42 AM
    • Forwarding address enabled in CFP Winman
      by ethanlee
      I recently has some dispute with a property management agent about changing my correspondence address. I own a flat A and after a couple of years, I moved out to a house, but I still own that flat. After I moved out, I asked property management agent to change my correspondence address in their system,...
      20-01-2022, 14:38 PM
    • Reply to Forwarding address enabled in CFP Winman
      by ethanlee
      Hi jpkeates,

Many thanks for your reply. What you have suggested make sense to me. I will contact the software supplier for more information then.

-- Ethan
      21-01-2022, 10:17 AM
    Working...
    X