Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YesAdam
    replied
    You signed a contract without reading it and now want to break that contact. No point in lecturing you that what you did was wrong.

I'd presume the contract is unenforceable but since you signed it they may try... I have my doubts they would be willing to go to court.

Despite the above - If the Agent, is not doing a good job to YOUR STANDARDS then go find a better one. You employ them to work on your behalf.

Leave a comment:

• mind the gap
    replied
    I think you can probably extricate yourself from this on the grounds that you had the document shoved under your nose and were asked to sign it without time to read it and take proper legal advice. Just tell them you have changed your mind, the supposed 'tenant' they found you was not at the rent you were asking, you have no proof this T even exists and in any case the way they got your signature was unacceptable. So, if they wish to sue you, they should go ahead. (I am virtually certain they won't).

Leave a comment:

• jta
    replied
    It's not a tenant, it can only be a potential tenant at this moment.

Go back to finding your own tenant make sure you do not let to this particular one, although it sounds like you don't even know his name.

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy LA document Marketing&Fees Agreement?no seen it before

Hi everyone, I've called an LA to find a tenant and as he checked the property for 10-15 mins, he agreed to market it. Due to time constraint,he asked me to sign this document, without explaining the contents, but I assumed that theinstructions to market the property, as per normal process.I've advised that he's not sole agent. It turns out now that i've checked the document that I've signed was the Marketing and Fees Agreement and one of clauses, requires the LL (me) to pay 10% introductory fee if a tenant is introduced, subject to a minimum fee of £700 plus VAT. I was not explained such complications, such fee payable in advance???
    They've informed me that found a tenant but far less that my required rent. Never seen such ghost tenants, no references disclosed, neither met their ghost tenant! As i was made aware of their bad reputation from other landlords, i've refused to sign the contract as need to see references, tenants,etc as it's my right to decide over the someone's right to live in my property. I've requested guarantors, they said we can guarantee via their insurance. I've informed them toreturn the keys as no longer want them let my prop.
    They threatenned me with the above-mentioned fee of 10% plus VAT. I need some legal advise where do I stand as no income, no money seen whatsoever.
    Your help is much appreciated!

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X