iigloo.co.uk

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iigloo.co.uk

Got approached by igloo.co.uk. There saying that they post on 400+ websites and that they do daily reposts on gumtree. Is that true?
    Im asking in this forum as I they say it is a hot site amongst letting agents

Mavid Property Management
    Own http://www.iigloo.co.uk
    and
    http://www.mavid.co.uk/local_area.php

see
    http://www.hotfrog.co.uk/Companies/M...rty-Management
    But if your property is not in East Malling, Kent ME19 6EE, then
    not much point ?

they are your usual "online only" letting agents, so how can they do
    viewings 100 miles away ? -- it's you who would have to see the
    prospective tenants ?

Me, unless I lived in East Malling, i would dismiss them.

R.a.M.

Comment

The viewings would be done by me myself. Its the daily repost on gumtree that makes me think.

Comment

Originally posted by iffy View Post
        The viewings would be done by me myself.
        Its the daily repost on gumtree that makes me think.
        Yes, too many bad reports of Slick operators on gumtree, but then
        there are criminals on all sites.

If Gumtree is free to advertise on, then the criminals will flock there.

R.a.M.

Comment

So where would you suggest I advertise?

Comment

Originally posted by iffy View Post
            So where would you suggest I advertise?
            See your own post of 10/6/2011

http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums...lats-and-rooms

on the Scotish post.

Comment

I have used iigloo.co.uk on several occasions and they proved to be very cost effective and produced quality leads. They are an online letting agent so location is irrelevant.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Agent asking for funds prior to sign the contract
                JustIgnore
                Good afternoon.

I am in a bit of confusion at the moment in dealing with an agent, I hope you guys can help.

I have found a property to rent and we are very interested in renting it.
                The advertised move in date is somewhere end of August, an exact date has not been given...
                19-08-2017, 12:59 PM
              • Reply to Agent asking for funds prior to sign the contract
                jjlandlord
                It is not uncommon but this should not be: You should set up the contract first.

I also got as 'reason' what is mentioned in the previous comment, namely that you have to pay first because of the wording of the contract... This simply either mean that they are clueless or have a badly drafted...
                19-08-2017, 17:52 PM
              • Reply to Agent asking for funds prior to sign the contract
                Stef Cooke
                Yes. As a clerk I am occasionally called off a job because funds have not cleared.

If you think about it that contract will contain information about the monies you will pay, deposit etc. If you have not already paid then the contract is incorrect. So you pay, then, when it has cleared,...
                19-08-2017, 13:47 PM
              • Looking for a new letting agent
                12GuageLandlord
                Hello,

I am new to this forum and to the private rental market. Having just gone through a fairly turbulent contract renewal I have lost all patience with my management agent and have decided I want to move away from them as every communication from them creates more work for me putting...
                10-08-2017, 21:35 PM
              • Reply to Looking for a new letting agent
                tatemono
                this is exactly why I recommended it as a question to ask. You should know that the agent works for you on your terms and so if this isn't something you want and the LA insists on it and has hefty fees, you can walk away. You can play ignorant and see if they try to pull the wool over your eyes by saying...
                14-08-2017, 21:15 PM
                jjlandlord
                Landlords should also know that in such case whatever fee the tenant paid to the agent belongs to them....
                14-08-2017, 10:41 AM
                HantsAgent
                You are right, of course, but I know at least one major letting agency whose policy is to send a letter to the tenant with an ultimatum; "Renew, and pay us XXX, or expect your notice."

I guarantee that most of the landlords for whom they are acting don't know that this is the...
                14-08-2017, 10:36 AM
                jjlandlord
                Good idea to test them, but this is really not their decision and it is for the landlord to tell them what to do....
                14-08-2017, 09:44 AM
                tatemono
                prepare yourself a standard list of questions about issues that you know agents should be aware of and ask the same questions to each agent to allow you to compare responses. Questions such as
                1. How long from receiving the deposit should it be protected?
                2. When should I install a carbon monoxide detector?
                3. Do
                11-08-2017, 20:49 PM
                12GuageLandlord
                jpkeates Thanks for the heads up on that - I have looked at their terms of business and I will be removing them the Management of the property as they have made 7 errors in just over 7 months which is unacceptable especially as I am paying for the "Service" (areas of mistakes include communication,...
                11-08-2017, 13:46 PM
              Working...
              X