New EPC Rules

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oaktree View Post

Most tenants just aren't that interested in them even after you've told them what it is; it gets a bit boring constantly telling people what they are when they are clearly not remotely interested.
    Welcome to the world of teaching! You will just have to make it more interesting, won't you. Do you need a script, or what?

Most children don't want to know about why they should eat broccoli, but it's still important that they do know.
    'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
      I've seen some A rated homes - most notably our neighbour's new-build which has pv panels and ground source heat pump and is a net producer of energy - so it's got a rating of 105%! I'm a bit envious.
      More proof of how dodgy EPC certificates are...

2 things on an EPC:
      - Something labeled "energy efficiency": I'm not to sure what they intend this to be, but literally this means, obviously, how efficiently energy is used. I don't see how producing your own energy would improve efficiency, unless they only care about energy got from the grid, but to me that's defeating the purpose.
      - Something labeled "Environmental (CO2) impact": This is useless in itself as it assumes energy consumption = CO2 emission.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X