New EPC Rules

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oaktree View Post

Most tenants just aren't that interested in them even after you've told them what it is; it gets a bit boring constantly telling people what they are when they are clearly not remotely interested.
    Welcome to the world of teaching! You will just have to make it more interesting, won't you. Do you need a script, or what?

Most children don't want to know about why they should eat broccoli, but it's still important that they do know.
    'Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation fo the first link on one memorable day'. Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Comment

Originally posted by mind the gap View Post
      I've seen some A rated homes - most notably our neighbour's new-build which has pv panels and ground source heat pump and is a net producer of energy - so it's got a rating of 105%! I'm a bit envious.
      More proof of how dodgy EPC certificates are...

2 things on an EPC:
      - Something labeled "energy efficiency": I'm not to sure what they intend this to be, but literally this means, obviously, how efficiently energy is used. I don't see how producing your own energy would improve efficiency, unless they only care about energy got from the grid, but to me that's defeating the purpose.
      - Something labeled "Environmental (CO2) impact": This is useless in itself as it assumes energy consumption = CO2 emission.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Help with this agent
        robbie31
        My wife and I are expats who have been renting our property through an agent for 5 years. We currently own a four bedroom property (for bedrooms including a loft extensions) In October 2016, the previous tenants move out and the current occupants moved in. We were sent the documents with a recommendation...
        13-07-2017, 12:03 PM
      • Reply to Help with this agent
        tatemono
        You paid 10% of what on top of a management fee?

What does your contract say about this? If the contract makes no mention of a "get out" fee then it will cost you nothing to dispense with their services.

Is there a notice period for cancelling the contract with the...
        16-07-2017, 09:29 AM
        MrShed
        That would depend wholly on the terms of your contract with the agent. There's no "standard" procedure I'm afraid....
        16-07-2017, 06:19 AM
        robbie31
        Good afternoon

Thank you for your excellent advice. I meant about compensating the agent. This is the question in a better way. At the beginning of the tenancy we paid 10% for a finders fee / advertising / searches etc as well as a management fee taken from the rent. If we decide to cancel...
        16-07-2017, 03:26 AM
        MrShed
        Sorry not sure your question makes a lot of sense. Why would you have to compensate tenants for you changing agent? Apologies if I am misreading this?
        15-07-2017, 16:49 PM
        robbie31
        If we were to change the agent (the contract end on the 28th August) would be be tied and have to compensate the tenants until that date?...
        15-07-2017, 07:30 AM
        robbie31
        Point made Mr Shed. Thanks for the upfront advice....
        15-07-2017, 07:05 AM
        MrShed
        A few things here:

1) you explicitly said above the issue was distance. You can understand why I thought therefore the issue was distance.
        2) the average compensation of the ombudsman is completely irrelevant. What matters is your specific case which could be over or under the average....
        15-07-2017, 06:31 AM
        robbie31
        The issue is not really about distance. We are in a dilemma. My wife seems to think that if we make a complaint the agent can cancel our contract. This would mean finding a new agent and paying fees etc. Monies we do not have. We have spoken to the Ombudsman who informed us that we should have been...
        14-07-2017, 23:58 PM
        MrShed
        I dont understand why distance makes an issue with you raising the behaviour of the agent with their professional body?
        14-07-2017, 15:58 PM
      Working...
      X