tenant caused damage during tenancy-deposit & TDS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tenant caused damage during tenancy-deposit & TDS

Tenant has caused damage and accepted liability during tenancy, wants it taken out of deposit. How does this effect TDS? Been right through their website and it makes no mention of during tenancy, just after? There is no dispute of course just wonder how it will look at the end of the tenancy when the amount is 'short'?

Many thanks.

First thing is agree the deduction, amount, date and what for in writing.
    "Better an empty property than a tenant without a guarantor"

Comment

I wouldn't agree to reduce the deposit amount during the tenancy. You'll have less protection against future damage/arrears.

Comment

I'd try to have it resolved as soon as possible, with them paying for the damage now rather than from the deposit, leaving you less of a cover against further damage or arrears.
        <a href="http://www.manchesterpropertygroup.co.uk/" target="_blank">Manchester letting agents</a>

Comment

Many thanks

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Sole Agent Query
            annam222
            Hi all,

I signed terms and conditions with an estate agent that I would use them as the sole agent for 8 weeks. They don't seem to be getting as much interest as I had hoped (I have dropped the price).
            I know I break the terms if I use another estate agent so that is not an option-...
            03-07-2019, 11:58 AM
          • Reply to Sole Agent Query
            security2
            Only the terms and conditions that you signed will be able to tell you that. Have a read of them again and see.
            18-07-2019, 19:58 PM
          • Letting agent removed property
            Endlessnine3
            Not sure if this is in the right place

My bro got arrested and remanded in custody and within a week his letting agent emptied his room of all his property ie TV sofa clothes ect
            When I questioned him he said there had been a burglary and everything was taken he then said all the...
            20-05-2019, 21:45 PM
          • Reply to Letting agent removed property
            Jon66
            Pretty awful letting agents. Hope you get redress.
            10-07-2019, 19:56 PM
          • Lease Renewal Fee
            MaxStrong
            Hi,

I’m a novice landlord based in Scotland. My letting agent charges me 12.5% and every 6 months I had a flat rate lease renewal fee of £80.

With fairly recent changes to do away with Short Term Tenancies, I understand they cannot charge a lease renewal fee as they don’t...
            09-07-2019, 20:26 PM
          • Reply to Lease Renewal Fee
            jpkeates
            Have a look at the company accounts or google them to see if they make any finance based announcements.
            That'll give you some idea how profitable their business is.

Part of the issue with letting agents is that good ones are difficult to find and doing the job well is much more expensive...
            10-07-2019, 08:40 AM
          • Reply to Letting agent removed property
            Endlessnine3
            Last one got taken down because {Mod - name removed} didn't like that the address of his office was on it so here it is again

{Mod - Video link removed}
            09-07-2019, 17:45 PM
          • Jupix dashboard help
            Taiko
            Hi all,
            Hoping you could help me, anyone know how to find my Jupix 'passphrase'?

Its the unique URL that my branch uses to upload my properties to portals. I need it to link to a plugin for a new website and I can't find it anywhere
            Any help on where on my dashboard to find...
            09-07-2019, 10:35 AM
          • Reply to Jupix dashboard help
            ash72
            Contact the software company themselves, you would get the right answer from them rather than this forum.
            09-07-2019, 16:23 PM
          • Property Ombudsman
            M Clavell
            My disputes with my letting agent re payments and application of the TFA now seem likely to go to the next stage, I.e. the TPO or legal action. I would be interested to hear the experiences of landlords who’ve been down the TPO route, i.e. length of time for resolution (TPO quote 3-4 months), apparent...
            03-07-2019, 17:03 PM
          Working...
          X