Withdrawing property from agents.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Withdrawing property from agents.

If a tenant has been in a property for 3 yrs, and gets on with their landlord, pays theie rent, and the landlord approaches them to say that, he is happy with them staying, but has deceided to take the property away from the agent, to save on costs, and managed it himself. Tenant is happy with this, but wants the security of a agreement.
    Question is, is the current tenancy agreement still valid, even through the agent is not involved? Thanks
    I am here because I am inexperienced and want to learn.

An AST is a contract between L and T. Even if L uses Agent A, remember that A is not a party to it.
    So current AST is valid irrespective of whether L keeps using A or drops him/her/it.
    Does AST mention A at all?
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Thanks Jeffery.........thats good news for the tenant.

Comment

The agent has his address on agreement instead of the landlord

Comment

Originally posted by boredbird View Post
          Thanks JeffREy.........that's good news for the tenant.
          But, again, does AST mention A at all?
          JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
          1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
          2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
          3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
          4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

no only address

Comment

Have you got a seperate agreement between you and the agency saying something along the lines of fees being due for the duration of the term the tenants are in the property because although you and the tenant are happy to withdraw the agents you may still be liable for fees until that tenant leaves?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X