Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Turbine Terry View Post
    I am a huge fan of Openrent.
    I'm not. Other online letting agents are available.

Comment

Originally posted by Beswick View Post

Paperwork - you need to provide tenants with a 'How to Rent' leaflet, and the prescribed information. OpenRent will sort out the deposit for you (they take it from the tenant and register it in your name), but you need to make sure the tenant has the deposit paperwork. List all the items of regulatory paperwork on the inventory and get the tenant to sign that they have received them..
      If you use the Openrent full tenancy creation service (£49 + referencing) they automatically serve the How to Rent guide and all prescribed information for you and protect the deposit, all done by the software (no human to mess it up) and by email and all parties are copied in for proof of service and proof of deposit protection.

All advice given by me is purely on the basis of being ‘in my opinion’: please check with the relevant professional before acting on it. If my advice saves you money, mine's a pint.

Comment

You can do this yourself. Referencing is a risky thing to delegate.If the process fails it is the landlord who suffers, and the other party has the fees I would do my own requesting at lest evidence about
        1.job and pay
        2.rent payments historically, and conduct
        3.redacted bank statements
        4.same for credit cards
        And phone previous landlord and employers to check authenticity

Comment

Thank you everyone so much. I have the advert ready to go live but will wait until Thursday/Friday to publish it. I am keen to use Open Rent for referencing but as suggested will also follow up each myself. Does anyone have a view on whether the Open Rent £29 'Ultimate Advertising' or £49 'Rent Now' (inc Ultimate Advertising) is best? The 'Rent Now' deposit process sounds a little confusing and I really want to feel totally in control and aware of what stage I am at. Wondering if I am better to find tenants via 'Ultimate Advertising' then proceed to referencing and if I am happy with those then push the button on the 'Rent Now' package? I think it means I would pay for two packages but maybe it makes the process a bit clearer?
          Thank you again.

Comment

Originally posted by annam222 View Post
            Does anyone have a view on whether the Open Rent £29 'Ultimate Advertising' or £49 'Rent Now' is best?
            I wouldn't use 'Rent Now'.

If I advertise a property today I'll get over 50 enquiries, the majority will be unsuitable.
            Most of those will want to rent now.
            Many will offer to rent sight unseen.
            Some will offer 6 month's rent upfront sight unseen.

Advertising and getting offers is the easy bit, selecting the right tenant is the difficult part.

Comment

boletus Thank you, that is what I am
              a little worried about- the flat is in London so expect there could be a lot of interest but possibly a high majority of them not be the tenants I am looking for.
              I would prefer to take my time talking to potential tenants and arranging viewings rather than having a number press the ‘rent now’ function- and it all get a bit confusing.

Comment

Has anyone used the ‘rent now’ package and find it good? Can’t decide whether I should do this package or just advertising (ultimate) then pay for everything else on top after finding tenants I am happy with.

Comment

Originally posted by annam222 View Post
                  Has anyone used the ‘rent now’ package and find it good? Can’t decide whether I should do this package or just advertising (ultimate) then pay for everything else on top after finding tenants I am happy with.
                  I've used it twice, no complaints from me. However, I haven't used it since 2019 so things might have changed.

From memory, when the prospective tenant clicks the 'Rent Now' button, you have to click to accept them as a tenant to start the process.

Both times, when I told the tenant they were accepted by me, I had to instruct them to go onto the app and click the 'Rent Now' button. They didn't know to do it.

The cost difference is minimal - if I were advertising a property today, I'd use the Rent Now. It's difficult to advise, it's your choice really.

Comment

Viewings booked in for this week, I picked my favourite five applicants and called them for a chat (suss them out). All sound like they could be good potential tenants, I will see how the viewings go
                    I am wondering whether I should join the Guild of Residential Landlords or NLRA, would anyone recommend joining either?

Comment

Oppps NRLA I meant

Comment

I believe you need to be registered with the Information Commissioners Officer data protection if you are renting directly to tenants.

Comment

You were asking about Rent Now. Have a look at the AST before making a decision, you can add things to it but you can't take anything out. I forget now what it was that I didn't like about it but I chose not to use Rent Now because of it.

Comment

jpucng62 thank you, I did not know that but I shall sign up. I believe it is £40 a year so well worth it.

Comment

Thank you royw I shall have a read through and see if it will be suitable or not

Comment

Originally posted by boletus View Post

I'm not. Other online letting agents are available.
                                What other ones would you recommend and why ? Cheers

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                                X