Good letting agents in Bristol for drafting up an AST and doing tenant search.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good letting agents in Bristol for drafting up an AST and doing tenant search.

Hi,

I was wondering if any of you know any good letting agents in Bristol. I only need them with write an AST and find the tenants. Previously I've used CJ Hole, but their fees have since gone up to 45% + VAT of one month's rent. Wondering if there's anything a little cheaper.

Thanks in advance.

Generally a very very bad idea to use agents for tenant-find (and AST) only

For a huge number of reasons, quite apart from the fee.

What good reason do you have to do this?????

Comment

You don’t need a letting agency to draft the tenancy agreement. I’d be surprised if a letting agent was really writing the agreement anyway. The government provides a free model AST for landlords to use.

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewDod View Post
        Generally a very very bad idea to use agents for tenant-find (and AST) only

For a huge number of reasons, quite apart from the fee.

What good reason do you have to do this?????
        I'm not sure, just out of habit really. Been using an estate agent to find tenants and draft a contract for years.

What is bad about it other than the fees?

Comment

Originally posted by DoricPixie View Post
          You don’t need a letting agency to draft the tenancy agreement. I’d be surprised if a letting agent was really writing the agreement anyway. The government provides a free model AST for landlords to use.
          I did not know this, thank you. I may do this the next time a new tenant moves in.

And then it's a simple case of advertising the flat on property websites I'd assume? And how would I go about doing a reference check for the new tenant?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Tenant vs licensee
            by jpkeates
            I don't think they can object if you say no, it's not what you thought it was from the advert.
            I don't think they can do anything (other than maybe not rent to you in future - but I don't see why they would do that, I'd bet this has happened before).

I'd ask for a draft tenancy agreement...
            16-08-2022, 16:51 PM
          • Tenant vs licensee
            by Ven
            Hello,

Long storry short, ive paid booking fee to one agency, and after finishing reference checks they send me agreement, where im being described as licensee and they as licensors.
            This wasnt mentioned anywhere in the spareroom advertisement.
            is it possible to cancel the booking...
            16-08-2022, 13:47 PM
            by Ven
            How can I peacefuly decline to sign their offer?
            is there anything they can do to harm me?
            how can i stop this occuring in the future? Perhaps i would need to ask to see draft of tenancy agreement before paying holding deposit?...
            16-08-2022, 16:32 PM
            by jpkeates
            No, but I think you're overthinking it.

If they have the right to enter your room at any time, it is trying to be a licence agreement, not an tenancy.
            But my guess is that they make their money letting rooms not taking fees for referencing or non-returnable deposits (although they'll...
            16-08-2022, 16:27 PM
            by Ven
            Thank you for this response.
            i agree with you. The contract they send me includes many different behaviour violation, which would result in termination of the contract, also they have the right to enter the property and the rooms at any time without any notice..
            all that just indicates to...
            16-08-2022, 16:20 PM
            by jpkeates
            Technically it doesn't matter what the agreement says it is, the reality is what determines if its a tenancy or a licence.
            But that won't help you if they lock you out in the rain one day because you've upset them somehow.

They sound a bit dodgy to me, so I'd walk away.
            Whether...
            16-08-2022, 16:04 PM
            by Ven
            Well the advertisement says there is access to shared kitchen.
            What is interesting thery are charging pretty much the same for a double room as what a tenant would pay. Its not the cheapest room.
            Perhaps many people sign the contract unknowingly they are agreeing to be lodgers.
            16-08-2022, 15:32 PM
            by jpkeates
            If what you're renting is a room in a shared house and you have access to some shared space, it shouldn't be a licence.
            Unless you're acting as a property guardian of some kind.

You're not trying to find somewhere you can afford in London are you?
            16-08-2022, 15:22 PM
            by Ven
            I dont think they mention the word "landlord" even once in the document they have send me, they call themselves licence holders or licensors in that document.
            Perhaps i shoukd ask who is the landlord but i doubt they woukd answer me properly 🤔

licensee, if i understand...
            16-08-2022, 15:17 PM
            by doobrey
            Is the agency the landlord?
            16-08-2022, 15:04 PM
          Working...
          X