Good letting agents in Bristol for drafting up an AST and doing tenant search.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good letting agents in Bristol for drafting up an AST and doing tenant search.

Hi,

I was wondering if any of you know any good letting agents in Bristol. I only need them with write an AST and find the tenants. Previously I've used CJ Hole, but their fees have since gone up to 45% + VAT of one month's rent. Wondering if there's anything a little cheaper.

Thanks in advance.

Generally a very very bad idea to use agents for tenant-find (and AST) only

For a huge number of reasons, quite apart from the fee.

What good reason do you have to do this?????

Comment

You don’t need a letting agency to draft the tenancy agreement. I’d be surprised if a letting agent was really writing the agreement anyway. The government provides a free model AST for landlords to use.

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewDod View Post
        Generally a very very bad idea to use agents for tenant-find (and AST) only

For a huge number of reasons, quite apart from the fee.

What good reason do you have to do this?????
        I'm not sure, just out of habit really. Been using an estate agent to find tenants and draft a contract for years.

What is bad about it other than the fees?

Comment

Originally posted by DoricPixie View Post
          You don’t need a letting agency to draft the tenancy agreement. I’d be surprised if a letting agent was really writing the agreement anyway. The government provides a free model AST for landlords to use.
          I did not know this, thank you. I may do this the next time a new tenant moves in.

And then it's a simple case of advertising the flat on property websites I'd assume? And how would I go about doing a reference check for the new tenant?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X