Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Letting Agents Fees.

I need to revise my rental policy.
    In the last Tax Year with one property my Letting Agent has charged me over 21% in Fees.
    The main reason is when it came up for rental although we had over 20 enquiries the Letting Agent only offered a 6 month tenancy whereas I now believe that could have offered a 12 month tenancy from the outset.
    The first tenant left after 6 months so then I had to pay another £300 for a new lease etc for another tenant, whereas if the original lease was for 12 months there would have been no "void" period between tenants and no new Legal fees for the new lease.
    And in this years rental period I am being charged £50 to protect the Deposit for a longer time.
    So in future, for me any new tenancy is for a 12 month period only.

The basic problem is that a tenant who wants to leave after six months will probably do so regardless of the length of the tenancy agreement, and, realistically, the last thing you want is a tenant in your property who doesn't want to be there.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
    X