Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cpark
    replied
    Hello - No not at all, the Propertys were let out to another agency they had placed tenet s into he properties that would stop paying that agent rent and some other bad actors. These new agents said it will take 4 months to have the properties all sorted out, they will do all that’s necessary to have some of the tenants removed the 4 months rent free was so that had all this in order with a view to pay on the 1st month of January as per agreed on the contract a fixed guaranteed payment every month for all the properties. They are now saying they can’t pay and waiting for payments to clear. We agreed that 4 months should be ample time fir the properties to be back in order with paying tenants and the first payment should be made after the 4th month.

hole that helps.

Leave a comment:

• DoricPixie
    replied
    I'm not sure I understand. Why would the letting agency want 4 months rent free? Is this one of these arrangements where you let the properties to the letting agency and the letting agency then sub-lets the properties to other people?

Leave a comment:

• Cpark
    started a topic New agent not paying landlord

New agent not paying landlord

Folks I wonder if anyone can help me here, I have had the worst few years with my properties, the previous agents filled my properties up with delinquents and refused to pay the full sum, we lost 8 months of declining rents. Then was introduced to a new set of agents who really were impressive and opted for them to deal with the whole portfolio they wanted 4 months rent free so they can clear up the mess the previous agent left us with. They have since missed the first payment to us stating that they are being owed monies and have not yet received all the money. I have chased from the start of the year and they do not reply to my call right away before when they wanted to take the properties on they were always so quick to get back to me and very on point on doing the hand over. It’s now been almost 1 month late and still no payments for for any of the properties they have said on multiple times we will send the money before said dates the dates arrive and still no payment. The contracts have been signed we’ve kept our side of the deal but they have not even started on the right foot. I’m ever so stressed about the whole situation and it just seems one issue after another I still have a whopping mortgage that I’m committed to and have tapped into all my reserves for the payments. What do I do ? Do I give another week ? I am literally at my wits end, I’ve paid lawyers so much money from the previous agents that left and then they left a person in place that had refused to pay so I had to go through courts to have her evicted. It’s such a crap situation. Just looking forward options at this stage. Thank you

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Agent vs Open Rent
    by Turbine Terry
    If you use the Openrent full tenancy creation service (£49 + referencing) they automatically serve the How to Rent guide and all prescribed information for you and protect the deposit, all done by the software (no human to mess it up) and by email and all parties are copied in for proof of service...
    22-06-2022, 11:16 AM
  • Agent vs Open Rent
    by annam222
    Hello all,
    I wondered if anyone could give me some advice please.
    Tenants who have been renting my one bed flat for the past three years have just given notice that they will be moving out. I have used a local agent on a ‘let & rent collection’ basis which has worked well but they...
    20-06-2022, 20:07 PM
    by boletus
    I'm not. Other online letting agents are available....
    22-06-2022, 09:52 AM
    by Beswick
    Their process is about as simple as they could possibly make it. If you're logging into this forum and posting, it won't be a huge stretch of your abilities to get your property listed on OpenRent.

Yes, I used their referencing service (£20 per person, plus £20 for any guarantor). I...
    22-06-2022, 08:19 AM
    by Turbine Terry
    I am a huge fan of Openrent. There are lots of threads showing users experiences of Openrent on these forums. If you type Openrent into the search box at the top of the page on the main forum home page you will see them.

If you decide not to use Openrent, and so use a traditional agent,...
    22-06-2022, 08:08 AM
    by annam222
    Berwick thank you that’s so helpful! I will definitely do the inventory and great idea on printing and signing the Tenancy Agreement together- I shall do that too.
    Does the Open Rent site guide you through the steps of the process? I.e. advertise, meet/accept, reference etc?
    Did you use...
    22-06-2022, 07:46 AM
    by Beswick
    I've used agents for 'tenant find only'.

After a bad eperience, I used OpenRent. I've now used them twice and got great tenants both times.

It's so much better to have complete control. You get a gut feeling for the tenant when you phone them to arrange the viewings, even...
    22-06-2022, 06:56 AM
    by JBJ01
    In the window of a rogue agent!

-the one's who actually benefit when a rogue tenant brings the landlord back to them much more often than a streetwise OpenRent landlord needs to re-let. My 'fees' are on average £29 for an average 4 year let, with rents only below market rate for exceptionally...
    21-06-2022, 17:11 PM
    by junglerower
    I have always done it without an agent; It is my show after all. I usually can filter out the right tenant by having a conversation through mailing. The referencing I do through a previous landlord or agent - big name agents is best though, as they are more thorough in their screening; if the Tennant...
    21-06-2022, 16:33 PM
    by gnvqsos
    If people are rude enough no to attend a viewing then it is a good thing -you don't want rude arrogant selfish tenants .I can usually find a few tasks so time is put to good use-irrespective of absences.
    21-06-2022, 15:23 PM
Working...
X