Forwarding address enabled in CFP Winman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forwarding address enabled in CFP Winman

I recently has some dispute with a property management agent about changing my correspondence address. I own a flat A and after a couple of years, I moved out to a house, but I still own that flat. After I moved out, I asked property management agent to change my correspondence address in their system, which is CFP Winman. Since then, some of my letters could be delivered to the house, but some of them were still delivered to flat A. So I asked the agent to give me some proof that the address has been successfully changed in their system and they showed me a History log screenshot showing that:

Event column: "Fwd Addr Enabled", Notes column: "Forwarding address is the default Tenancy address".

I recently moved again to another house and informed the agent to change my address. This time, they sent me another history log which shows:

Event column: "Fwd Addr Disabled", Notes column: "Forwarding address is not the default Tenancy address"

I don't think those two logs are about "changing address". Could anyone please explain to me what the meaning of the logs and could it explain why some of the letters sent from CFP ended to the flat instead of my correspondence address? Many thanks.

-- Ethan

Those are very specific questions about a specific agent and their implementation of a specific software package.
    You'd be better asking the company or the software supplier.

You'd be better off arranging mail redirects for your post at the properties you don't live at where you are likely to receive post (which is definitely likely in Leasehold property).
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Hi jpkeates,

Many thanks for your reply. What you have suggested make sense to me. I will contact the software supplier for more information then.

-- Ethan

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to estate agent new lettings delays
        by jpkeates
        The agent did the referencing, so the charges are probably fair.
        They've also done the advertising and the viewing, so you're going to owe them for that as well.

You've got some kind of contract with them, because you've agreed "something" and they've done some work....
        18-05-2022, 09:52 AM
      • estate agent new lettings delays
        by Plithenewark
        I have recently advertised a property for let using a local independent estate agent. This will be the first time I have let a property, given a lack of any rentals in the area, the agents were keen and advertised said property at beginning of a week for multiple viewings together at the the end of...
        14-05-2022, 17:16 PM
      • Letting Agent only offered a 6 months tenancy.
        by Another Fine Mess
        Two Questions (Please)
        (1) When I used my letting agent to advertise my property they had loads of enquiries and only offered the tenant a 6 months lease, But am I correct in that they could have offered a 12 months lease. Instead.
        It appears that over the last 3 tenancies after the first...
        18-05-2022, 08:51 AM
      • Reply to Letting Agent only offered a 6 months tenancy.
        by jpkeates
        1 - A tenancy agreement can have an initial or fixed term of any length (up to three years).
        That's true at the start or at any other point.

Starting a new tenancy at six months is very sensible and I do that all the time.
        Giving a new tenancy to someone you don't know for...
        18-05-2022, 09:48 AM
        by Plithenewark
        thanks, I am certainly favouring this approach. But any idea why they are messing around in this fashion? I suspect we will be charged for referencing....
        15-05-2022, 16:50 PM
        by AndrewDod
        Remove your instructions now (hopefully nil to pay) - and don't choose any tenants already passed on. You need to know the name of every tenant that contacted them to avoid a problem. Ask them to disclose that (if they refuse you are absolved if you happen to get the same tenant so make sure it is ...
        14-05-2022, 21:34 PM
        by ash72
        Not answering your queries does sound unprofessional, on the other hand if they are still awaiting the T's to complete the credit and reference checks this could be the hold up. I would probably give the agent and the T's one additional week, otherwise you are terminating any agreement.
        14-05-2022, 20:14 PM
        by JK0
        I think you need to give notice to the existing firm. If you engage someone else before your sole agency runs out, you'll have two lots of commission to pay.
        14-05-2022, 19:09 PM
      • Confusion with Letting Agreements vs Tenancy Agreements
        by abimsalabim
        If the Letting Agreement between a Landlord and their Letting Agent and the Tenancy Agreement between the Landlord, their Tenant and their Letting Agent have conflicting clauses which of them is right?

For example, if the Letting Agreement states that the inventory checks will cost £100...
        21-04-2022, 11:11 AM
      • Reply to Confusion with Letting Agreements vs Tenancy Agreements
        by abimsalabim
        Thanks for all the help and advice with this. I've opted to get my own inventory check done instead of going with that of the Letting Agency and they agreed to it.
        13-05-2022, 17:35 PM
      Working...
      X