Can I ask my Letting Agent the forwarding address ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neelix
    replied
    This information should be a legal requirement ...............

Leave a comment:

• jpkeates
    replied
    Whether the letting agent can pass on the information or not depends on the conditions on which they obtained the information (assuming they have it in the first place).
    They should have obtained the information on the basis that they would be free to pass it on to you.

If they didn't, you might reasonably ask why they didn't, because that's been the advice of the ICO for many years now, so it should by now be standard practice for all letting agents.

Leave a comment:

• theartfullodger
    replied
    You can ask. What does your agreement with agent say on this matter? (Not the AST).

Until 2nd February you won't know if he is leaving 1st February. What makes you think he's leaving then?

I can ask the criminal Johnson to stop lying to the people but I doubt he will.

Leave a comment:

• Piffy
    started a topic Can I ask my Letting Agent the forwarding address ?

Can I ask my Letting Agent the forwarding address ?

I have had a tenant in a property for the last 6 months.
    He is leaving on the 1st February.
    If I ask my Letting Agent for the address they have moved to, can the Letting Agent refuse to divulge the information.

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Agent vs Open Rent
    by Beswick
    I've used it twice, no complaints from me. However, I haven't used it since 2019 so things might have changed.

From memory, when the prospective tenant clicks the 'Rent Now' button, you have to click to accept them as a tenant to start the process.

Both times, when I told...
    29-06-2022, 11:51 AM
  • Agent vs Open Rent
    by annam222
    Hello all,
    I wondered if anyone could give me some advice please.
    Tenants who have been renting my one bed flat for the past three years have just given notice that they will be moving out. I have used a local agent on a ‘let & rent collection’ basis which has worked well but they...
    20-06-2022, 20:07 PM
    by annam222
    Has anyone used the ‘rent now’ package and find it good? Can’t decide whether I should do this package or just advertising (ultimate) then pay for everything else on top after finding tenants I am happy with.
    29-06-2022, 07:22 AM
    by annam222
    boletus Thank you, that is what I am
    a little worried about- the flat is in London so expect there could be a lot of interest but possibly a high majority of them not be the tenants I am looking for.
    I would prefer to take my time talking to potential tenants and arranging viewings rather...
    28-06-2022, 20:28 PM
    by boletus
    I wouldn't use 'Rent Now'.

If I advertise a property today I'll get over 50 enquiries, the majority will be unsuitable.
    Most of those will want to rent now.
    Many will offer to rent sight unseen.
    Some will offer 6 month's rent upfront sight unseen.

Advertising...
    28-06-2022, 09:55 AM
    by annam222
    Thank you everyone so much. I have the advert ready to go live but will wait until Thursday/Friday to publish it. I am keen to use Open Rent for referencing but as suggested will also follow up each myself. Does anyone have a view on whether the Open Rent £29 'Ultimate Advertising' or £49 'Rent Now'...
    27-06-2022, 20:09 PM
  • Reply to Newbie needing serious advice!
    by Lawcruncher
    Conveyancers fall into two broad categories:

Good ones

Not so good ones

Those in either category can be solicitors, licensed conveyancers or chartered legal executives. Each of those do roughly the same amount of training and have studied the law needed...
    27-06-2022, 19:14 PM
  • Newbie needing serious advice!
    by steeveyboy64
    Hi All. I am very new to all of this and need some guidance. I am at the point where I am about to purchase a holiday letting chalet in Lincolnshire. Unfortunately the banana skin has been delivered in that the 3rd party solicitors are indicating that I can NOT use a 3rd party agent platform to advertised...
    26-06-2022, 14:15 PM
    by SouthernDave
    Lawcruncher gives good advice.
    interesting question, is your ‘solicitor’ actually a solicitor? Or are they some rubbish high street conveyancer?...
    27-06-2022, 18:11 PM
    by nukecad
    "No 3rd party letting agenrs approved" is not the same thing as 'no 3rd party agents allowed'.

So it depends on what you sign up to.whether you can use an "unapproved" 3rd party letting service or not.
    27-06-2022, 17:09 PM
Working...
X