OpenRent Rent Now - when to do viewings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OpenRent Rent Now - when to do viewings?

Hi all - first time landlord here. I'd like to use Rent Now for ease especially the AST signing process. I want to have a telephone conversation before arranging viewings to pre-vet/whittle down the applicants. Is this possible in the Rent Now process? I think someone mentioned that you could do a custom message that asks applicants to contact you directly by phone in the first instance. And at what stage do applicants have to give a holding deposit? I'm assuming not before they've viewed the flat but it's not clear from the site unless I'm being an idiot!
    Any other pitfalls / advice much appreciated!

The process is you list your property, T's apply to view the property supplying their details, you then speak with the tenants and book viewings, once the viewings are completed, the T either say's they are not interested or interested, at which point you or they click the rent it now button, you then either accept or reject their interest. If you accept it the property becomes unavailable for others to view. I don't like this as if the T has lied for example say's they don't have a CCJ or some criteria which you thought was true was false, then you have to start again.

Comment

Openrent have recently been VERY bad boys and even without RentNow have been sending secret E-mails to tenants inviting them to pay a holding deposit to them (without consent of the L) while saying to the tenant that if L does not proceed they can have their cash back.

My Emails to them to ask how on earth they could do that received mealy mouthed mumbling non-responses.

Very very bad.

Comment

The OP needs to use a local agent as clearly has no idea whatsoever what he/she is doing.

At the very least do some NRLA training.
        My views are my own - you may not agree with them. I tend say things as I see them and I don't do "political correctness". Just because we may not agree you can still buy me a pint lol

Comment

Originally posted by landlord-man View Post
          The OP needs to use a local agent as clearly has no idea whatsoever what he/she is doing.

At the very least do some NRLA training.
          Not sure why you say that. They do however appear to be confused by Openrent (which is understandable)

Comment

Originally posted by VitreousHumour View Post
            I want to have a telephone conversation before arranging viewings to pre-vet/whittle down the applicants. Is this possible in the Rent Now process?

I think someone mentioned that you could do a custom message that asks applicants to contact you directly by phone in the first instance.
            Here's what I do in OpenRent:

Go to Manage | Dashboard

Then select User Details | Advanced Settings | Tenant Pre-Screening Preferences

Turn Default Screening off.

Paste a message in the Tenant Auto-Reply box. This will be automatically sent to prospective tenants when they first message you.

I use the following auto reply text:

----------------------------------
            Thank you for your enquiry.

The next steps are:

1. I will arrange a phone call with you to get to know you better and give you the chance to ask questions about the flat. Please send me your phone number if it isn't already in your OpenRent profile.

2. If the call goes well, I will send a Prospective Tenant Information Form for you to complete.

3. I will arrange viewings for people who return a satisfactory Information Form.

4. I will obtain References and conduct Credit Checks prior to renting the property.

Many thanks

(My_name)

----------------------------------

I find that setting out my process from the start is a very effective way of weeding out time wasters. If someone is truly interested in the flat, they will engage well in the phone call and, more importantly, fill in my Tenant Information Form. I compare the information they write in the form with what they told me during the phone call. If there are any discrepancies (lies), then I remove them immediately.

I had over 50 enquiries and was easily able to whittle these down to a short list of three solid candidates to view the property.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X