Missing inventory and agent ignoring me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing inventory and agent ignoring me

I own a house in England that is let to students on an annual basis. The house is let and managed by an estate agent. Among the services they provide is a detailed photographic inventory to document the state of each room and of the furniture.

I have been billed for the inventory this summer. Since the house has been redecorated through the agent, I requested a copy of the inventory. One of the agents told me he would email it to me immediately. I did not received anything.

This was six weeks ago. Since then, I sent several emails to this agent and to the office manager to request the inventory. I received no reply whatsoever.

I suspect that the inventory was never created and that they are not replying so I don’t have any communication from them I can use in a dispute. I also tried to call them by phone but they are avoiding me like the plague. I find this behaviour utterly unprofessional and rude.

The inventory is essential to assess potential damages at the end of the property - not having one is a big mess. At this point I am also suspicious about the expensive redecoration they convinced me to have.

What can I do to force them to reply and to either send me the inventory or admit it does not exist and take remedial action? For a few weeks I won’t be able to visit the property or the agents’ office.

Sack your agent. Behaviour like this tends to be the start of them going under.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
    X