Is home.co.uk good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is home.co.uk good?

Their figures often seem to be at odds with Zoopla and so I'm not sure who to believe.

Is the site any good?

I'd use Rightmove but the other two seem to have better features for viewing trends in the property market in different areas, etc.

Thanks

Never heard of it. Their figures for what?

The site looks like it was last coded at the turn of the millenium

Comment

To be honest I like retro so I have no issue with that, lol

And they have good graphs and stats of housing prices in different areas over time, etc ^^

Also broken down by type of property.

I'm never totally sure where best to look for such data!

Comment

Hoppimike - do you work for them by any chance lol
        My views are my own - you may not agree with them. I tend say things as I see them and I don't do "political correctness". Just because we may not agree you can still buy me a pint lol

Comment

Originally posted by landlord-man View Post
          Hoppimike - do you work for them by any chance lol
          No

Although yeah I am being quite positive about this site. I do think the data is fairly thorough but I just can't say how accurate it is or what other sites have similar information.

To be honest I thought the site was well-known which was why I phrased the thread's title like that!

Comment

It looks to me as if it aggregates data from other sites.
            When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
            Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• New agent not paying landlord
              by Cpark
              Folks I wonder if anyone can help me here, I have had the worst few years with my properties, the previous agents filled my properties up with delinquents and refused to pay the full sum, we lost 8 months of declining rents. Then was introduced to a new set of agents who really were impressive and opted...
              24-01-2022, 00:27 AM
            • Reply to New agent not paying landlord
              by DoricPixie
              I'm not sure I understand. Why would the letting agency want 4 months rent free? Is this one of these arrangements where you let the properties to the letting agency and the letting agency then sub-lets the properties to other people?
              24-01-2022, 20:43 PM
            • removal of letting agent
              by yeahremy
              Hi,

another topic on this but apologies as i cant find my answer on the other ones.
              My letting agent messed up the check in and check out report. Basically they keep telling me to pay the deposit back without really checking the reports.
              2y ago I had new tenants who moved in...
              24-01-2022, 16:12 PM
            • Reply to removal of letting agent
              by Landyman
              Is this the same agent that you were complaining about in October 2018?

https://forums.landlordzone.co.uk/fo...managing-agent

I think the replies you received then are still applicable
              24-01-2022, 18:45 PM
            • Reply to No Rent received from Agent
              by Cpark
              Hi can you tell me how you’re proceeding I’m in a very similar situation thank you...
              24-01-2022, 00:32 AM
            • No Rent received from Agent
              by racer69
              Hi, all, my tenant left the property and handed the keys in on Dec 6th, that is when I normally get my rent from the agent or a few days after. As no such payment was forthcoming I went to the office after approx a week to see and was told they had been in and taken pictures of the poor condition of...
              21-12-2021, 20:47 PM
            • Reply to on resident landlord regisitration.
              by SandPit
              Wanted to post a quick update in case this is useful for anybody else.

There is no fee for the letting agent to register with HMRC to handle NRLs, all they need to complete the inline form.
              As soon as a letting has registered they need to start collecting tax on behalf of the HMRC....
              22-01-2022, 07:42 AM
            • on resident landlord regisitration.
              by SandPit
              Hi,

I am a non resident landlord. My letting agent has stated they are required to have 5 or more NRLs to register with the HMRC. Is this correct? Is there a fee to the letting agent?
              09-01-2022, 08:30 AM
            • Forwarding address enabled in CFP Winman
              by ethanlee
              I recently has some dispute with a property management agent about changing my correspondence address. I own a flat A and after a couple of years, I moved out to a house, but I still own that flat. After I moved out, I asked property management agent to change my correspondence address in their system,...
              20-01-2022, 14:38 PM
            • Reply to Forwarding address enabled in CFP Winman
              by ethanlee
              Hi jpkeates,

Many thanks for your reply. What you have suggested make sense to me. I will contact the software supplier for more information then.

-- Ethan
              21-01-2022, 10:17 AM
            Working...
            X