Inventory documents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inventory documents

I hired a letting agent to manage my apartment recently.
    The letting agent help me to find a new tenant and just setup the tenancy.
    Since I was abroad, I asked the agent to send me the softcopy of the tenancy and related documents.
    I received a copy of reference check report of the tenants, a tenancy which was only signed by the tenants, an inventory which was only signed by the letting agent.
    When I asked for documents with signature of both agent and tenants, the agent became not as responsive as before.
    is it inappropriate for a landlord to get the signed inventory and tenancy from the agent?

Chances are they haven't got either document?
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Selling Fees - Marketing Strategy
      by Beswick
      I used to work for an estate agency (as a mortgage adviser) who were part of a national group of local estate agency chains.

Their business model was to over-estimate the potential sale price to the vendor and have higher fees, a combination of which ended up in a net gain for the vendor...
      14-06-2021, 08:20 AM
    • Selling Fees - Marketing Strategy
      by Claymore
      Hi

I had an agent round to value a property - I did have it in mind to go with this particular agency but by the time the guy had left me, I had felt really pressurised to sign up and I am kicking myself that I fell for his patter. All the agents around here are 1% plus VAT but he gave...
      13-06-2021, 22:51 PM
    • 14 Day Cooling Period - Applicable to Lettings Agents?
      by RyanWalring
      This might be a dumb question. Google was bringing up too many questions for me to work it out.

I signed an agreement with a lettings agent on the 3rd June. I didn't send it until the 5th and he responded on the 7th with a copy that has his signature. This was signed virtually as apparently...
      09-06-2021, 16:52 PM
    • Reply to 14 Day Cooling Period - Applicable to Lettings Agents?
      by RyanWalring
      We've gone our separate ways after I invoked the 14 day cooling off period. Posting just for anyone in the future with this question. Doesn't mean you have to be let off. I'm just saying after I used that and it worked.

jpkeates I don't think you're right. https://hoa.org.uk/advice/gui...
      10-06-2021, 16:40 PM
      by jpkeates
      The cooling off period only applies to services bought at a distance, which might apply if you've never met the agent.
      It also only applies if the agent is a company or trading as one.

It applies from the point that you entered the contract, which, I think, is the point that you signed...
      10-06-2021, 07:04 AM
      by AndrewDod
      Well let's hope you were not dumb enough to sign a contract which says that you are compelled to accept a tenant they choose (or any tenant at all).

What does the contract say about the obligations of the parties and what you owe them and when? We can't tell from here.

A cooling...
      09-06-2021, 19:37 PM
    • OpenRent KYC?
      by hugh2010
      I wish to use OpenRent advertising service (or someone else) to list on RightMove.

Does anyone know if OpenRent will ask me for KYC verification for this. I'm not against this of course, but i want to know if they do, are they going to force me to use a 3rd party app run by monkeys you...
      07-06-2021, 00:44 AM
    • Reply to OpenRent KYC?
      by ash72
      Openrent is pretty relaxed when it comes to advertising for LL's, you can easily by pass the ownership by providing an insurance policy in the name, and you can freely advertise then (you could even cancel the insurance policy in the cooling off period).
      08-06-2021, 12:39 PM
    • Reply to OpenRent KYC?
      by royw
      You might be right. I've just advertised one and they ftdidn't ask for it but I'd previously advertised it through openrent 5 years ago so I assumed they'd kept it from then....
      07-06-2021, 21:51 PM
    • Reply to OpenRent KYC?
      by hugh2010
      JK0 i think you're getting mixed up with KFH

But seriously, ownership proof is not a problem. Altough my "proof" will actually be the same electronic document from the Land Registry.
      07-06-2021, 11:22 AM
    Working...
    X