I dont think agency sent our offer through to the landlord. (renting)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont think agency sent our offer through to the landlord. (renting)

Hi all, I want this to be as short as possible so here it goes. We recently moved to this city and we weren't familiar with the agencies. One that we tried to rent with was very disrespectful and did not take us seriously. The second one we rented with we didn't have problems up until we moved in. The property was full of body hairs, appliances not working, bedroom window broken, pest infestation and the list goes on. Some of them have been resolved but the landlord and agency are a pain. We now found another property but unfortunately, it is with them. We sent an offer and added that my son to not in the agreement as a tenant, as he is in university and not liable for rent and for me to be the sole tenant and him as an occupier. They said no but I'm not sure they asked the landlord. Is there any way to legally ask for proof or what can we do in this situation as we don't want to miss the property. Thank you.

Unlike when someone makes an offer to buy a property, I am not convinced the letting agent has any obligation to pass your offer on to the landlord.

Many landlords are completely "hands off" and simply entrust the property to their agents.
    I wouldn't want to hear about an offer from a tenant that my agent didn't want to do business with (I appreciate that that's unfair and not your fault).
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

If the agent is a member of an organisation such as TPOS they have an obligation to pass on all offers to the client as soon as practicable but you have no easy way to check this and if the agent are as bad as you describe why would you want to waste any time or effort dealing with them - find another agent/landlord

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X