Agent won't recognise work done by our electrician

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agent won't recognise work done by our electrician

We had an electrical safety test carried out by an electrician reccomended by the agency that lets out our property.
    It passed but there was a reccomendation that some work be done.
    So I got my electrician to fix the problem and let the letting agency know it had been fixed.
    They got in touch and said that the work had to be carried out by their electrician and now they want to charge me to have their
    electrician come back and check the work.

Can they do this? Our electrician has all the relevent qualifications etc. If this is the case then it makes a joke of
    having an electrician train for this type of work.
    hope someone can perhaps give some info on the rules on this.
    Thanks.
    Geoff.

As long as your electrician gave you the usual test certificates for the work that they did, if you're the landlord, just tell the agent to get lost.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Reading between the lines and making a few assumptions it sounds as if perhaps this was an EICR and that (1) Remedial work was required, (2) That work was carried out by a different electrician, and (3) The EICR documentation was therefore not updated to record satisfactory condition post-remedial?

Agent has no right or valid reason to dictate which electrician is used, but if the issue here is legal compliance that is a different matter.
      There is a fine line between irony and stupidity. If I say something absurd please assume that I am being facetious.

Comment

I would say never let an agent arrange the EICR check.

Comment

I would tell the letting to do a long walk if you spark provided the correct paperwork

how much did you pay for the EICR that the agent arranged and how big is the property?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X