Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• j103
    replied
    Thanks for the responses - I'm feeling somewhat reassured.

Leave a comment:

• DPT57
    replied
    I think it probably just means that you can walk away if you're unhappy or refuse to pay for things that are unreasonable charges.

Leave a comment:

• theartfullodger
    replied
    As above.

A bit like getting into a taxi and asking "please take me to Buckingham palace, driver", taxi driver says thank you sir/madam, there's a contract.

Or a verbal tenancy, entirely just hard to prove terms agreed.

There may have been an email years ago detailing...

Leave a comment:

• jpkeates
    replied
    You've definitely got a contract, it's just not in writing.
    There's no reason not to suggest that a more formal arrangement be put in place, just to make things more formal.

If the tenant is a member of the agent's family, that's probably OK as long as they told you in advance and you agreed, otherwise there's a clear risk of a conflict of interest.
    Would they put the rent up or serve notice if you told them to?

Leave a comment:

• j103
    started a topic No contract with agent..

No contract with agent..

First post. I've been letting a property with an agent for a number of years. Perhaps foolishly there has never been a contract in place with the agent, only with the tenant. There's never been an issue and I'm happy with the service the agent has given.

I'm becoming increasingly uncomfortable about the lack of contact however and wondering where I stand if there is a dispute.

The agency is a family business and we've ended up with a family member as the current tenant which is also possibly not ideal.

Expecting to be told I've been a bit naive but any constructive advice very welcome. Thanks.

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X