Stuck with Letting Estate agent for Ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The contract stated 23 weeks.
    I do not disagree they did the work. But we gave notice which ended after the contract period.

They have written
    'your agreement to our Terms of Business which were then frustrated by you following your instruction to withdraw the property from the lettings market.'

They say by giving notice we frustrated their ability to market the property, which I do not understand how? (We did not stop them visiting the property, or stop them marketing)

What is their justification of the grounds on which we are liable?

Comment

I don't think the first paragraph of that letter is well worded.

But the meaning is pretty clear; they marketed the property but weren't successful in getting a tenant into the property, which would have allowed them to charge the fees which would have (hopefully for them) recouped their costs and provided them some profit.
      As per their agreement, they now want to charge for the costs they incurred because they were unable to reach that point.

My guess is that once you wrote to cancel the agreement, they made very little attempt to market your property, so any possible dispute about the date the agreement actually ended is probably moot.
      When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
      Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

I recall now that I read it and that I told rockinter that there was nothing in it which caused me to alter the opinion expressed above.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X