Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How communicative is your agent?

Hi everyone,

I am finding my current letting agent to be frustratingly slow with replying to my emails. Phone calls aren't much use either. Things are complicated further as I live overseas. How long on average do you find it takes your agent to respond to your emails? I'm wondering whether most agents are like this or if I need to consider inviting another agent to manage my property.

Thanks

I usually get a response in a few minutes/hours - depending on what the issue is.
    However almost all communication is the other way, because there's almost no reason for me to initiate contact with my agent.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Yes, that's also the case for me other than when I have to remind them to carry out the quarterly inspection. The agent will email me about an issue & if I reply asking questions to get some clarification, I won't hear a response for 3-5 days. It's very frustrating as I like to get things resolved for the tenant as quickly as possible.

Comment

Call them?

And quarterly inspections are usually quote intrusive.
        I don't do any more frequently than 6 monthly, for new tenancies and then drop to annual.
        When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
        Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

When I call the agency, the agent dealing with the issue is 'out' but will contact me 'soon'. The inspections are supposed to be quarterly but don't actually happen unless I chase them up. It's now 6-7 months overdue so they aren't really quarterly anyway! I agree that quarterly inspections are intrusive, I'm just bringing it up as an example of my agent's lack of care. Is this typical of agents? Do I need to switch?

Comment

you need to switch

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X