Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AndrewDod
    replied
    Per your other thread it would be far better if your wealthy father was names as a co-tenant. But then you would not be able to get Housing "benefit".

Leave a comment:

• jpkeates
    replied
    If you need a guarantor, you're already on the back foot as far as some agents and landlords are concerned.
    For instance, I don't allow any tenants who would need a guarantee - because guarantees are very hard to enforce, not because of the tenants.

The landlord / agent has to pay money to reference someone and my guess is that they want to give the information a once over before they spend any money on you, in case it's simply a waste of money.

Agents used to love taking up references because they used to be able to charge applicants for them, so it was all income, regardless of the outcome.
    Now they aren't allowed to charge applicants (and possibly are charging the landlord) they're going to be a lot less happy to vary their processes at all.

If your guarantor isn't prepared to comply, that's their prerogative.

Leave a comment:

• Chaseleyreanne
    replied
    So why can’t I do the form when I go in to pay the deposit??

you talk about how I should “do as the letting agent says” but fail to appreciate I have a guarantor who isn’t happy with constantly providing personal details only for me to be declined BEFORE the referencing has been carried out.

Leave a comment:

• Chaseleyreanne
    replied
    They have specifically said “the check won’t be carried out until the landlord agrees to rent to you based on satisfactory referencing. Once they do, we will have you come back in to pay the holding deposit”.

Leave a comment:

• jpkeates
    replied
    They probably want to do both checks at the same time.

If you know in advance you need a guarantor there's not much to gain from not doing what the agent/landlord wants.

Leave a comment:

• Letting agents want application form filled before checks

I have asked to be put forward for a property with a letting agents.
    They have given me my form to fill out which I did. I’ve now had an email asking for my guarantor form to also be filled in.

i explained that my guarantor won’t fill it in until the landlord agrees to carry out the referencing on me.

ive now been told that the letting agents will not put me forward to the landlord until my guarantor has filled and signed the form!

ive explained that the form is for referencing, if they want him to email with his current salary and to confirm he has no adverse credit, he’s fine with that but they are demanding this form be completed!

We haven’t even got to the referencing star yet, the landlord doesn’t even know id like to apply!

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X