I think we've been conned by the new agent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best of luck!
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

This problem has been solved. I finally had a chat on the phone with the manager in charge, she understood and was very nice. She said she will honour the offer. Thank you very much everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetandsour View Post
        The original agent has collected the rent from the two tenants who paid for the whole year at the beginning of the tenancy, and pass the rent to us, minus the 6%+VAT of commission.
        May not be significant any more but FWIW, agent agreements in my experience generally entitle the agent to commission on the rent which is due during their period of management, not the rent which is collected. Typically this works against landlord (i.e. non-payment by tenant) but this case is the opposite.
        There is a fine line between irony and stupidity. If I say something absurd please assume that I am being facetious.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetandsour View Post
          This problem has been solved. I finally had a chat on the phone with the manager in charge, she understood and was very nice. She said she will honour the offer. Thank you very much everyone.
          That's great to know and thanks for taking the time to come back to update us.

Glad things worked out as they probably should.
          When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
          Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Yeah, definitely. Thank you for taking the time to help me. This forum is very useful and everyone is willing to help using their knowledge and experience. I wish I could contribute, but I'm still at the "panic when meet a problem" stage.

Comment

I don't think any of us get passed that stage!

It's much easier when it's not your problem.
              Sharing your experience in this one issue would encourage someone in a similar situation.

Comment

Well said!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                X