X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harwood
    replied
    Originally posted by John Duff View Post

Yes by all means use an online agent. However, if you live far away from a property you really need a local agent / property manager to take care of things. I often hear complaints from far-away landlords who don't seem to grasp that their distance is not their tenants' problem.

I don't believe any online agent out there at the moment can properly manage a local property and if I were you I'd find a good competitive local agent by word of mouth.
    Agree with this.
    Alternatively i have manged to find a "tame" local handyman on whom i can rely when the inevitable problem occurs. This has worked for 15 years for me, but you really do need to trust the individual. I have an arrangement now where the tenant contacts the handyman directly and he asks me for authorisation. Additionally he reports back on the condition of the property and any concerns and observations.
    I dont see the difference between this and an agent basically doing the same thing for a fee. I would try and avoid online agents as they simply cannot have a trusted partner everywhere and would likely simply pass the job through checkatrade or my builder or similar.

Leave a comment:

• John Duff
    replied
    Originally posted by markotsg View Post
    Hello

I have been using high st agent for full management
    The fees are increasing and they dont do much to justify this, I have been thinking to either self manage or use Online agents as they are 40-50 % cheaper then High St ones.

Has anyone had any expiriences with RentmyHome ? https://www.rentmyhome.co.uk/#/

Or any experiences / recommendations for any other online letting agents? I would like advertising, rent collection and property inspections as our property is far away from us.

thanks all
    Yes by all means use an online agent. However, if you live far away from a property you really need a local agent / property manager to take care of things. I often hear complaints from far-away landlords who don't seem to grasp that their distance is not their tenants' problem.

I don't believe any online agent out there at the moment can properly manage a local property and if I were you I'd find a good competitive local agent by word of mouth.

Leave a comment:

• markotsg
    replied
    many thanks, just sent you pm

Leave a comment:

• jpkeates
    replied
    Originally posted by markotsg View Post
    Apologies, i am a new member of the forum, why are recommendations not allowed? This would benefit everyone
    Apart from the risk of defamation, there is very little validation required on joining.

There would be nothing to stop someone asking for experience of an online estate agency getting positive comments and experiences from people working for that agency or negative opinions and experiences from a competitor.

Leave a comment:

• leaseholder64
    replied
    1) The anti-defamation policies mean that no-one could challenge a recommendation.

2) Requests for recommendation containing links to relative unknowns, as examples, are often sock puppet advertisements, which undermine the advertising revenue that funds the web site.

Leave a comment:

• markotsg
    replied
    Apologies, i am a new member of the forum, why are recommendations not allowed? This would benefit everyone

Leave a comment:

• jpkeates
    replied
    Please don't post the same thing in multiple places.

Site policy doesn't allow recommendations and criticism other than via a direct message, so you're unlikely to get much online response.

Leave a comment:

• markotsg
    started a topic Online Letting Agents experiences

Online Letting Agents experiences

Hello

I have been using high st agent for full management
    The fees are increasing and they dont do much to justify this, I have been thinking to either self manage or use Online agents as they are 40-50 % cheaper then High St ones.

Has anyone had any expiriences with RentmyHome ? https://www.rentmyhome.co.uk/#/

Or any experiences / recommendations for any other online letting agents? I would like advertising, rent collection and property inspections as our property is far away from us.

thanks all

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X