Online Letting Agents experiences

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Online Letting Agents experiences

    Hello

    I have been using high st agent for full management
    The fees are increasing and they dont do much to justify this, I have been thinking to either self manage or use Online agents as they are 40-50 % cheaper then High St ones.

    Has anyone had any expiriences with RentmyHome ? https://www.rentmyhome.co.uk/#/

    Or any experiences / recommendations for any other online letting agents? I would like advertising, rent collection and property inspections as our property is far away from us.

    thanks all

    #2
    Please don't post the same thing in multiple places.

    Site policy doesn't allow recommendations and criticism other than via a direct message, so you're unlikely to get much online response.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

    Comment


      #3
      Apologies, i am a new member of the forum, why are recommendations not allowed? This would benefit everyone

      Comment


        #4
        1) The anti-defamation policies mean that no-one could challenge a recommendation.

        2) Requests for recommendation containing links to relative unknowns, as examples, are often sock puppet advertisements, which undermine the advertising revenue that funds the web site.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by markotsg View Post
          Apologies, i am a new member of the forum, why are recommendations not allowed? This would benefit everyone
          Apart from the risk of defamation, there is very little validation required on joining.

          There would be nothing to stop someone asking for experience of an online estate agency getting positive comments and experiences from people working for that agency or negative opinions and experiences from a competitor.
          When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
          Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

          Comment


            #6
            many thanks, just sent you pm

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by markotsg View Post
              Hello

              I have been using high st agent for full management
              The fees are increasing and they dont do much to justify this, I have been thinking to either self manage or use Online agents as they are 40-50 % cheaper then High St ones.

              Has anyone had any expiriences with RentmyHome ? https://www.rentmyhome.co.uk/#/

              Or any experiences / recommendations for any other online letting agents? I would like advertising, rent collection and property inspections as our property is far away from us.

              thanks all
              Yes by all means use an online agent. However, if you live far away from a property you really need a local agent / property manager to take care of things. I often hear complaints from far-away landlords who don't seem to grasp that their distance is not their tenants' problem.

              I don't believe any online agent out there at the moment can properly manage a local property and if I were you I'd find a good competitive local agent by word of mouth.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by John Duff View Post

                Yes by all means use an online agent. However, if you live far away from a property you really need a local agent / property manager to take care of things. I often hear complaints from far-away landlords who don't seem to grasp that their distance is not their tenants' problem.

                I don't believe any online agent out there at the moment can properly manage a local property and if I were you I'd find a good competitive local agent by word of mouth.
                Agree with this.
                Alternatively i have manged to find a "tame" local handyman on whom i can rely when the inevitable problem occurs. This has worked for 15 years for me, but you really do need to trust the individual. I have an arrangement now where the tenant contacts the handyman directly and he asks me for authorisation. Additionally he reports back on the condition of the property and any concerns and observations.
                I dont see the difference between this and an agent basically doing the same thing for a fee. I would try and avoid online agents as they simply cannot have a trusted partner everywhere and would likely simply pass the job through checkatrade or my builder or similar.

                Comment

                Latest Activity

                Collapse

                Working...
                X