Gas safety check - should landlord be given paperwork.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas safety check - should landlord be given paperwork.

Should my agent automatically send me a copy of the gas safety check? The HSE help site says the landlord should keep paperwork for two years, but doesn't say if it's enough for an agent to have it on file. Direct interpretation says I should have a copy.

Clearly it's good practice especially as I've paid for it, so I will be asking. But it'd be useful to know if they're not following the requirements - I know legally they have to forward it to the tenants.

Any clarification welcome.

What does your agreement with the letting agent say they have agreed to do?
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

usually the engineer leaves a copy for the landlord and a copy for the tenant in the property. My old agent used to send me a pdf of the landlord's copy. I think a simple request might get you that.

Comment

Originally posted by jpkeates View Post
        What does your agreement with the letting agent say they have agreed to do?
        The terms of business doesn't go into that level of detail. That's a significant oversight on our part - we should have asked for a breakdown of their service obligations.

I know they would send me copies if reqested but I was interested in the formal aspect after seeing the HSE website.

Comment

You need a copy in case you change agents, to make sure it was actually done, and to the correct appliances.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Online Letting Agents - Full management
            markotsg
            Hello

I have been using high st agent for full management
            The fees are increasing and they dont do much to justify this, I have been thinking to either self manage or use Online agents as they are 40-50 % cheaper then High St ones.

Has anyone had any expiriences with...
            22-10-2019, 07:57 AM
          • Reply to Online Letting Agents - Full management
            jrsteeve
            You'll find you get what you pay for. You'd be better self managing than using an online agent, who'll never inspect and have no relationship with you or the tenant....
            22-10-2019, 20:29 PM
          • Pro Rated Overpayment
            bobby276
            Hi all,

I will be moving into a place I'm renting with an agency on Friday. Since the agent takes payment on the first day of the month, I have to pay a pro-rated amount for 27, 28. 29, & 30. The rent PCM is £1,500.

My maths shows that this should be 4/30*1500 = £200....
            23-09-2019, 15:21 PM
          • Reply to Pro Rated Overpayment
            bobby276
            Fair enough - in which case, I'll leave it alone. Thanks for the advice.
            22-10-2019, 16:11 PM
            jpkeates
            Nothing, but I think you'd be wasting your time for £14 and the court would probably split any costs, so you'd be out of pocket....
            22-10-2019, 15:32 PM
          • Charge for lock replacement
            bobby276
            Hi all,

Within a few weeks of moving into a new property, I was having issues with the front door locks where the key would just not open the door (it is definitely the correct key). It would take maybe 10-15 mins of jiggling the key to finally get the door open. This didn't occur too often...
            22-10-2019, 14:04 PM
          • Reply to Charge for lock replacement
            bobby276
            Correct, the keys have some sort of identification on them.

It seems to me there was an issue with the lock in the first place. The thing is, I was able to insert the key and turn it which allowed me to unlock the door - without removing the key, the key got stuck and the key can be seen...
            22-10-2019, 14:57 PM
          • Reply to Charge for lock replacement
            leaseholder64
            I think this is more a case of bureaucracy than bullying and I think it might be better, if you are on a probationary tenancy, to not make waves.

Are these Yale type keys (pin tumbler)? I'm not sure how a Yale key that actually fitted the key way could get stuck in the lock, even if it...
            22-10-2019, 14:20 PM
            bobby276
            What stops me from paying and then claiming it back later saying it violates the terms of the contract?
            22-10-2019, 13:53 PM
          • Am I within my rights to withhold estate agent fees due to their negligence?
            DP10
            The estate agent lost all my keys to the back garden. I've since taken two quotes and paid a reputable locksmith to replace entirely new lock system (e.g high security grill locks on ground floor garden flat).

I never signed a contract with the estate agent but owe them 840 pounds for...
            15-10-2019, 10:35 AM
          Working...
          X