Gas safety check - should landlord be given paperwork.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas safety check - should landlord be given paperwork.

Should my agent automatically send me a copy of the gas safety check? The HSE help site says the landlord should keep paperwork for two years, but doesn't say if it's enough for an agent to have it on file. Direct interpretation says I should have a copy.

Clearly it's good practice especially as I've paid for it, so I will be asking. But it'd be useful to know if they're not following the requirements - I know legally they have to forward it to the tenants.

Any clarification welcome.

What does your agreement with the letting agent say they have agreed to do?
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

usually the engineer leaves a copy for the landlord and a copy for the tenant in the property. My old agent used to send me a pdf of the landlord's copy. I think a simple request might get you that.

Comment

Originally posted by jpkeates View Post
        What does your agreement with the letting agent say they have agreed to do?
        The terms of business doesn't go into that level of detail. That's a significant oversight on our part - we should have asked for a breakdown of their service obligations.

I know they would send me copies if reqested but I was interested in the formal aspect after seeing the HSE website.

Comment

You need a copy in case you change agents, to make sure it was actually done, and to the correct appliances.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X