Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sole Agent Query

Hi all,

I signed terms and conditions with an estate agent that I would use them as the sole agent for 8 weeks. They don't seem to be getting as much interest as I had hoped (I have dropped the price).
    I know I break the terms if I use another estate agent so that is not an option- but does anyone know if I can can advertise the flat myself too and not break the terms? I.e. can I put it on gumtree, spareroom, openrent websites?

Many thanks,
    Anna

Only the terms and conditions that you signed will be able to tell you that. Have a read of them again and see.

Comment

Thank you, yes you are right it says I can only use the one agent for 8 weeks.

Comment

yep... you'll just have to suck that up and put it down to experience. Best not to do that in future.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Agent check-in vs check-out reports - format and level of detail
          Tungsten
          Hi,

When a agent compiles a check out report/inventory, should it usually follow the same format and level of detail as the initial check in?

Good practice examples online state something along these lines:
          "The inventory report is a document, accompanied with digital...
          19-08-2019, 19:53 PM
        • RTM Changing Management company
          trevt600
          The RTM are in the process of changing management company following a vote by leaseholders, at present we are on hold regards signing the new contract, because the old company want to TUPE over the development manager who has an appalling sickness record, if fact the DM is still sick at present, and...
          12-08-2019, 15:40 PM
        • Reply to RTM Changing Management company
          leaseholder64
          Nobody is bound by the RICS code, although parts of it that use the word "must" are generally restatements of statute law which people are bound by. The RICS code has a similar status to The Highway Code.

RTMs are not bound by the ARHM code unless something in the lease requires...
          15-08-2019, 14:56 PM
          trevt600
          just need these questions answered:

In the matter of change of managing agents which varies changes , and reduces the availability of an visiting on-site development by 50%

Is the RTMCo bound by ARHM or RICS Code of Code of Practice, if yes

Would the removal...
          15-08-2019, 14:36 PM
        • Has anyone successfully sued an estate agent?
          blinko
          https://www.theguardian.com/money/20...-tenants-check

I was reading this article with shock and horror how an agent can get away with this
          12-06-2019, 13:41 PM
        • Reply to Has anyone successfully sued an estate agent?
          doobrey
          My most recent ex-agent moved in a family without asking how many there were in the household. They said they didn't think it was relevant. They told me it was a couple when in fact it was a family of five. I haven't taken action against them (seeing what happens with deposit deductions first), but...
          14-08-2019, 20:27 PM
        • New Agent
          Sali
          We are going to start accepting deposits from tenants
          I wanted to know what the procedure would be
          e.g. Client Account, Ombudsman etc.

I just need guidance how to get started please

Thank you...
          14-08-2019, 10:02 AM
        • Reply to New Agent
          jpkeates
          While I agree with the logic and always protect my own deposits, many landlords wouldn't have a clue and rely on the agent to do everything for them.

While asking questions is usually a sensible start point, one of the things the agent is meant to bring to the table is some expertise...
          14-08-2019, 11:10 AM
        • Reply to New Agent
          AndrewDod
          You give the deposit to the landlord to protect (with appropriate invoicing etc.).

If you are protecting deposits on the landlord's behalf (unless they absolutely insist you do that) I would never use your agency. It is entirtely inappropriate fotr agents tpo do the protecting -- guiding...
          14-08-2019, 10:34 AM
          leaseholder64
          If it is not too late, please edit out the name of the "management company", otherwise a moderator, e.g. Moderator2 will need to do it.

The company mentioned is normally associated with retirement developments; is that the case here?

I think you also need to step...
          13-08-2019, 16:40 PM
        Working...
        X