• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Endlessnine3
    started a topic Letting agent removed property

Letting agent removed property

Not sure if this is in the right place

My bro got arrested and remanded in custody and within a week his letting agent emptied his room of all his property ie TV sofa clothes ect
    When I questioned him he said there had been a burglary and everything was taken he then said all the electrical items were taken and the rest was in storage but wont let me have it even with written permission so I belive he has thrown it all away
    where do I stand ?? As my bro has asked me to deal with it as he wont be around for a while
    Oh I also have video evidence of what the agent said

• Jon66
    replied
    Pretty awful letting agents. Hope you get redress.

Leave a comment:

• Endlessnine3
    replied
    Last one got taken down because {Mod - name removed} didn't like that the address of his office was on it so here it is again

{Mod - Video link removed}

Leave a comment:

• Endlessnine3
    replied
    I have a letter of authorisation from him giving full authority to deal with his flat and personal property
    I have the owner of the letting agency on video saying the place got burgled and they emptied the whole flat then saying all the electrical items got stolen and his personal property is in storage yet it has not been produced even thou some speakers and stuff that was left has Ben returned minus some expensive floor speakers which were in the advert on rightmove which the police are looking in to

I done a sar request which he refused except if I pay £75 + vat yet the ico has said i can do it on my brothers behalf and he cannot charge that as it's a sar request the email got forwarded to him and he wont reply

A complaint has been raised with tpos who are very intrested in it especially as he has not replied to the letter of complaint which he agreed to look into and reply to when they spoke with him

Here is a link to a the first few minutes of the video the letting agent knows its online

Leave a comment:

• theartfullodger
    replied
    Agree, unless your brother gives you a written "Form of authority" to act for him: e.g.

https://www.nhas.org.uk/docs/Form_of_Authority.rtf

or
    https://www.legalombudsman.org.uk/?p...authority-form

Advice agencies (eg CaB) and solicitors use them regularly

Leave a comment:

• jpkeates
    replied
    Couldn't agree more with the above.

It's unfortunate that you can't act for your brother, but you can't.

Leave a comment:

• nukecad
    replied
    You are not the tenant, it was not your property that was removed, the police won't deal with you only with your brother (or his solicitor).

You are not the tenant, the LA has nothing to do with you, if you are harassing the LA then you are commiting a criminal offence and may be arrested.

You are not the tenant, the council will not deal with you, only with the tenant (or his solicitor).

You may soon be facing a defamation charge if you upload a derogatory video.

Leave things in the hands of the solicitor or you'll get yourself into trouble.

Leave a comment:

• Endlessnine3
    replied
    Update
    it got reported to police who have not contacted me in a week
    The letting agent wont deal with me and police have said if I go back il be arrested
    The council are not intrested in the illegal eviction
    So now the solicitor has written to the letting agent (fri) and are still waiting for a response
    Also reported the letting agent his trade body who are very intrested in it
    il also be uploading the video of the letting agent lying to YouTube soon

Leave a comment:

• Endlessnine3
    replied
    Originally posted by leaseholder64 View Post
    I was confused about the timing of the burglary. Was it from the property, or from the agent?
    It was from the property

Leave a comment:

• leaseholder64
    replied
    I was confused about the timing of the burglary. Was it from the property, or from the agent?

Leave a comment:

• nukecad
    replied
    Presumably this is a HMO?
    Did any of the other tenants get anything stolen during this 'burglary'?

You could start by asking the LA for the crime number he was given when he reported the burglary to the police.

Any bets that there isn't one because there was no burglary to report?
    (Except for the one carried out by the LA himself, which you/your brother should now report if you don't get the goods returned PDQ).

Leave a comment:

• jpkeates
    replied
    Unfortunately, while your brother might want you to sort something out, the agent doesn't have to have anything to do with you because you're not involved in the tenancy.

Your brother needs to report the loss to the police or involve a solicitor.
    It's possible that if you threaten to do either of those things, the agent might be more flexible.

Leave a comment:

• theartfullodger
    replied
    Brother should report theft - by persons unknown/uncertain to Police. And call Shelter 0808 800 4444 about illegal eviction.

Landlords and agents can & have been fined, got criminal record and gone to jail for illegal eviction: Also for harassment.

Leave a comment:

• alice123
    replied
    yes there was a case in the newspapers not too long back very similar which i read recently , but this one sounds even worse - I know you say the things are in storage but was your brother up-to-date with rents and were was he aware of any eviction notices going on ?

Leave a comment:

• leaseholder64
    replied
    This sounds like an illegal eviction, even if the contents is being properly protected.

Leave a comment:

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Sole Agent Query
    annam222
    Hi all,

I signed terms and conditions with an estate agent that I would use them as the sole agent for 8 weeks. They don't seem to be getting as much interest as I had hoped (I have dropped the price).
    I know I break the terms if I use another estate agent so that is not an option-...
    03-07-2019, 11:58 AM
  • Reply to Sole Agent Query
    security2
    Only the terms and conditions that you signed will be able to tell you that. Have a read of them again and see.
    18-07-2019, 19:58 PM
  • Letting agent removed property
    Endlessnine3
    Not sure if this is in the right place

My bro got arrested and remanded in custody and within a week his letting agent emptied his room of all his property ie TV sofa clothes ect
    When I questioned him he said there had been a burglary and everything was taken he then said all the...
    20-05-2019, 21:45 PM
  • Reply to Letting agent removed property
    Jon66
    Pretty awful letting agents. Hope you get redress.
    10-07-2019, 19:56 PM
  • Lease Renewal Fee
    MaxStrong
    Hi,

I’m a novice landlord based in Scotland. My letting agent charges me 12.5% and every 6 months I had a flat rate lease renewal fee of £80.

With fairly recent changes to do away with Short Term Tenancies, I understand they cannot charge a lease renewal fee as they don’t...
    09-07-2019, 20:26 PM
  • Reply to Lease Renewal Fee
    jpkeates
    Have a look at the company accounts or google them to see if they make any finance based announcements.
    That'll give you some idea how profitable their business is.

Part of the issue with letting agents is that good ones are difficult to find and doing the job well is much more expensive...
    10-07-2019, 08:40 AM
  • Reply to Letting agent removed property
    Endlessnine3
    Last one got taken down because {Mod - name removed} didn't like that the address of his office was on it so here it is again

{Mod - Video link removed}
    09-07-2019, 17:45 PM
  • Jupix dashboard help
    Taiko
    Hi all,
    Hoping you could help me, anyone know how to find my Jupix 'passphrase'?

Its the unique URL that my branch uses to upload my properties to portals. I need it to link to a plugin for a new website and I can't find it anywhere
    Any help on where on my dashboard to find...
    09-07-2019, 10:35 AM
  • Reply to Jupix dashboard help
    ash72
    Contact the software company themselves, you would get the right answer from them rather than this forum.
    09-07-2019, 16:23 PM
  • Property Ombudsman
    M Clavell
    My disputes with my letting agent re payments and application of the TFA now seem likely to go to the next stage, I.e. the TPO or legal action. I would be interested to hear the experiences of landlords who’ve been down the TPO route, i.e. length of time for resolution (TPO quote 3-4 months), apparent...
    03-07-2019, 17:03 PM
Working...
X