Need advise about a property that is supposed to be fully managed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Em Bruce View Post
    Sarcasm should not have a place on this forum.
    It's a free country and forums resemble normal communication so I don't see why sarcasm should not, per se, have a place here. Not that I was being sarcastic though. I was being serious. It's very very important to accept that you only have yourself to blame if you sign a contract with terms and conditions that you later regret agreeing to. That way, you always go in with your eyes wide open.

In any case, you should be more concerned about the fact that you think you don't have a contract just because you didn't sign a piece of paper. You do have one, but it would be verbal which may be less than helpful depending on what happens with the tenancy.

I'm not sure how terms and conditions you haven't signed could be iniquitous either, but then... hey ho...

Comment

alice123
      hi!
      The problem wasn’t dealt with since February and it damaged the property further.
      In full management all these worries about maintenance issue should be dealt with by the agent but in this case they have failed to do so. We are still not happy with our existing agent but we are trying to move on and do things that could help us out of our present predicament
      Thank you all for your kind advices.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Tenant with 3 kids
        abc777uu
        Hi,
        My current tenant has 2 kids and living in my 2 bed flat.
        the kids are a 5 years old girl and a 6 months old baby boy.
        recently, I came to know that the tenant’s wife is pregnant.
        by law, can they stay in 2 bed flat with 3 kids?

Please advise.
        Thanks...
        16-10-2019, 14:05 PM
      • Reply to Tenant with 3 kids
        leaseholder64
        Moderator2 : this needs merging with https://forums.landlordzone.co.uk/fo...nt-with-3-kids...
        16-10-2019, 15:04 PM
      • Reply to Tenant with 3 kids
        leaseholder64
        Assuming two adults, they currently have 2.5 equivalent adults. Assuming this is three bedrooms and one reception and the reception room is of non-trivial size, they could be allowed up to 5 adult equivalents.

If the second bedroom is at least 50 square feet and the reception room at least...
        16-10-2019, 15:00 PM
      • Agent fee increase
        armour
        Hi All,
        I have been letting 2 properties with the same agency for 10 years and have always paid 9% on one and 10% on the other (plus VAT) for its services.
        Around 3 months ago, without warning, the agency began to charge 12.5% on the one which I had been paying 10% on. This happened at around...
        15-10-2019, 14:29 PM
      • Reply to Agent fee increase
        theartfullodger
        So ask agent to kindly provide copies of what you signed up to......
        15-10-2019, 16:40 PM
        jpkeates
        They can't raise the fee without you agreeing it.
        But you may have agreed to it in the original contract.

Ask them on what basis they've charged you an increased fee you haven't agreed to.
        15-10-2019, 15:20 PM
        armour
        It is a long time since I signed those contracts. I don't think I have them anymore.
        Surely though they cant just raise the fees as they see fit without even telling me?...
        15-10-2019, 15:03 PM
        ash72
        Read your contract with the letting agent and see the terms and conditions. I would imagine more agents will now be increasing fees to landlords, since they can't charge tenants.
        15-10-2019, 14:33 PM
      • Is letting agent negligent
        Elouise
        I currently rent a property in Northern Ireland. My previous tenants vacated my property due to none payment of rent. My agents went through the proper channels by serving notice. Unfortunately the previous tenant have taken some fixtures and fittings which belonged to me and damaged my property. The...
        09-10-2019, 08:34 AM
      • Reply to Is letting agent negligent
        leaseholder64
        The situation appears to be that they are re-marketing, which suggests to me that they have accepted a surrender and are now relying on the contract to pay rent until relet, rather than than on the fixed tenancy. If they wanted to claim the whole rent, they would have had to have refused the tenant's...
        11-10-2019, 09:53 AM
      Working...
      X