Need advise about a property that is supposed to be fully managed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Em Bruce View Post
    Sarcasm should not have a place on this forum.
    It's a free country and forums resemble normal communication so I don't see why sarcasm should not, per se, have a place here. Not that I was being sarcastic though. I was being serious. It's very very important to accept that you only have yourself to blame if you sign a contract with terms and conditions that you later regret agreeing to. That way, you always go in with your eyes wide open.

In any case, you should be more concerned about the fact that you think you don't have a contract just because you didn't sign a piece of paper. You do have one, but it would be verbal which may be less than helpful depending on what happens with the tenancy.

I'm not sure how terms and conditions you haven't signed could be iniquitous either, but then... hey ho...

Comment

alice123
      hi!
      The problem wasn’t dealt with since February and it damaged the property further.
      In full management all these worries about maintenance issue should be dealt with by the agent but in this case they have failed to do so. We are still not happy with our existing agent but we are trying to move on and do things that could help us out of our present predicament
      Thank you all for your kind advices.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Sole Agent Query
        annam222
        Hi all,

I signed terms and conditions with an estate agent that I would use them as the sole agent for 8 weeks. They don't seem to be getting as much interest as I had hoped (I have dropped the price).
        I know I break the terms if I use another estate agent so that is not an option-...
        03-07-2019, 11:58 AM
      • Reply to Sole Agent Query
        security2
        Only the terms and conditions that you signed will be able to tell you that. Have a read of them again and see.
        18-07-2019, 19:58 PM
      • Letting agent removed property
        Endlessnine3
        Not sure if this is in the right place

My bro got arrested and remanded in custody and within a week his letting agent emptied his room of all his property ie TV sofa clothes ect
        When I questioned him he said there had been a burglary and everything was taken he then said all the...
        20-05-2019, 21:45 PM
      • Reply to Letting agent removed property
        Jon66
        Pretty awful letting agents. Hope you get redress.
        10-07-2019, 19:56 PM
      • Lease Renewal Fee
        MaxStrong
        Hi,

I’m a novice landlord based in Scotland. My letting agent charges me 12.5% and every 6 months I had a flat rate lease renewal fee of £80.

With fairly recent changes to do away with Short Term Tenancies, I understand they cannot charge a lease renewal fee as they don’t...
        09-07-2019, 20:26 PM
      • Reply to Lease Renewal Fee
        jpkeates
        Have a look at the company accounts or google them to see if they make any finance based announcements.
        That'll give you some idea how profitable their business is.

Part of the issue with letting agents is that good ones are difficult to find and doing the job well is much more expensive...
        10-07-2019, 08:40 AM
      • Reply to Letting agent removed property
        Endlessnine3
        Last one got taken down because {Mod - name removed} didn't like that the address of his office was on it so here it is again

{Mod - Video link removed}
        09-07-2019, 17:45 PM
      • Jupix dashboard help
        Taiko
        Hi all,
        Hoping you could help me, anyone know how to find my Jupix 'passphrase'?

Its the unique URL that my branch uses to upload my properties to portals. I need it to link to a plugin for a new website and I can't find it anywhere
        Any help on where on my dashboard to find...
        09-07-2019, 10:35 AM
      • Reply to Jupix dashboard help
        ash72
        Contact the software company themselves, you would get the right answer from them rather than this forum.
        09-07-2019, 16:23 PM
      • Property Ombudsman
        M Clavell
        My disputes with my letting agent re payments and application of the TFA now seem likely to go to the next stage, I.e. the TPO or legal action. I would be interested to hear the experiences of landlords who’ve been down the TPO route, i.e. length of time for resolution (TPO quote 3-4 months), apparent...
        03-07-2019, 17:03 PM
      Working...
      X